Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 24th, 2006, 08:39 AM   #21
katkero
Raw Beauty

I'm not a fashiongirl, I wear my own style.
I like long flowing skirts and I don't get to wear them often enough (not practical for biking).
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred][URL="http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kerenenrencomei200649gy.jpg"][IMG]http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4103/kerenenrencomei200649gy.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]A yawn is a cat's honest opinion.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]:kitty: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
katkero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 09:06 AM   #22
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Oh wavebaby, now you are really craving for Indian culture. Why dont you visit India this year or get an Indian friend to help you with a saree? I see you seem to be smitten with the saree bug !
And food???I guess thats one thing that can make anyone's mouth water...and the rosogulla, rasmalai, palak paneer, chilli chicken???Now im hungry too!
Naj
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=sienna] [url=http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=43][U][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Earthy skincare[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/url]:calm: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]1b/M/iii Black hair with red highlights in sun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Coneless convert, Herb washer, henna addict.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Skin type will soon be up..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkolivegreen][COLOR=darkgreen]Dry skin brushing and aloe gel addict[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][COLOR=black](Avatar-the famous Afghani girl by National geographic)[/COLOR][/I]
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #23
Dulci
Alluring Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by avery
To have true style one needs self confidence, intuition, grace, creativity and flare.

Fashion just needs a credit card, IMO.

Good one!
Dulci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #24
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Quote:
Originally posted by avery
To have true style one needs self confidence, intuition, grace, creativity and flare.

Fashion just needs a credit card, IMO.
I second Dulci, its a very good one! Well thought out statement.
Naj
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=sienna] [url=http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=43][U][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Earthy skincare[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/url]:calm: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]1b/M/iii Black hair with red highlights in sun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Coneless convert, Herb washer, henna addict.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Skin type will soon be up..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkolivegreen][COLOR=darkgreen]Dry skin brushing and aloe gel addict[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][COLOR=black](Avatar-the famous Afghani girl by National geographic)[/COLOR][/I]
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #25
Medievalsilver
Dazzling Beauty

I have my own style, I was taught to very modest, so these days it's hard to find clothes that I like. I love medieval, western and country clothes, I wear long shorts, classic jeans(that come up past hip length), I have a pair of Laredos and a beret. But I would love to get some medieval clothing. My favorite pair of jeans is Wranglers. But I also have a very business like style with a few suits and clean lined shirts.

Last edited by Medievalsilver : July 18th, 2006 at 10:34 PM.
Medievalsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #26
Emichiee
Dazzling Beauty

Im not a fashionista but usually still wear whats in since its the kind of cloths you can buy at the moment.
But I dont wear verything trendy, I just pick out the things I like and combine them with all time favourites and personal style.
I just love wearing some things that are not fashion at all and mix them with fashionable pieces.

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Emichiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 11:32 PM   #27
futurehope
Untouched Beauty

I definately have my own personal style. I buy whatever grabs my attention. I have no concerns about weather it is only here for this season or not. If it goes out of style, I will still wear it because I love it and picked it out.

I cannot really tell what my own personal style is. I really prefer winter clothes over summer.

It takes me a long time to find something I like, I am very picky & just don't pick up anything, it really has to grab and tug at me.

It seem to be drawn to things that are different, but not in a bad way. Right now, I am wearing a medium green shirt with a deep v-neck in the front & back. There is a round beauty piece right below the front V that has tiny little shells of all sorts of colors and it outlined in a small chain and beads. It also has brown stiching along the V. It is very pretty. Under this shirt, I am wearing just a plain brown seamless shirt.

I love boots and my black and brown jeans & my belts. My socks always match my shirt.

I dare to be different, but in a good kind of way.
futurehope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2006, 08:48 AM   #28
Equeena
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj
Oh wavebaby, now you are really craving for Indian culture. Why dont you visit India this year or get an Indian friend to help you with a saree? I see you seem to be smitten with the saree bug !
And food???I guess thats one thing that can make anyone's mouth water...and the rosogulla, rasmalai, palak paneer, chilli chicken???Now im hungry too!
Naj

I have always loved sarees!
There is also the best Indian restaurant near me where I end up going a lot.

Next summer my family and I are planning on going to India so I am really excited!!
Equeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 02:36 PM   #29
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I've always loved fashion but I think I have my own personal style. I like to follow some of the trendy things. Accessories are my favorites. I love shoes and bags and jewelry. Cute tops are always good too. I'm really loving the Boho look now. I'll hate to see it go. I can also do classic chic very well too. It depends on the occasion for what I choose. Black is my favorite color to wear. I don't think you can ever go wrong with black. There are some things that come "in" that I just can't do. Crocs are one of them. Sorry to whoever mentioned them.

Right now since I'm not working my style is jeans or capri's and cute tops or little thin sweater sets for winter. Shoes are sandals or slides. And they are always cute. My bags are always coordinate with my outfit and are always trendy and cute. I have a terrible time finding coats and jackets that don't look dowdy.

Dowdiness and frumpiness is alive and well where I live. I live in fear of being in that category. I probably try too hard not to be dowdy but I enjoy clothes and fashion.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:10 PM   #30
Steficurls
Untouched Beauty

I am pretty into fashion, I guess...but correct fit and personal style are also important to me. For example, "skinny" jeans are back in style now. You will never catch me wearing them...I have wide hips and thinner legs...that trend just won't work for me!

I tend to like classic things, mixed with trendy items. For exampke, I might pair a dark-washed bootcut jean with pointy toes heels/boots, a classic v-neck sweater, a classic peacoat, and trendy jewelry to accessorize.

I think that fashion/style is all about finding what looks good on a person AND makes them feel good.
Steficurls is offline   Reply With Quote