Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 17th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #31
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

I am really looking forward to buying the book this week and starting it.
Thanks to both of you for the information and encouragement.
[SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=31"]My beauty blog.[/URL] [URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/index.php?referrerid=174"]Join the Beauty Bottle[/URL][COLOR=royalblue].[/COLOR] [URL="http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/index.php"]The Long Hair Community.[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #32
morningstar
Alluring Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by darian moone
You're doing GREAT Morningstar! Men do lose weight far more quickly - at least on this diet they do. My dad lost more quickly than my mom also, but then my DH has so much more to lose than you do also. Percentage wise, I think you've lost more of the goal weight than he has. My DH starts Phase II tomorrow - he can't wait.

Jessie I hope my experiences with South Beach have helped. I really am an enthusiast because it's worked so well for me. I used to get so shakey if I didn't get sugar and carbs. I was truly a sugar/carb addict. My sugar numbers used to come back a little "off" (what's known as borderline hypoglycemic with a flat curve) when I went in for a fasting glucose tolerance test (the one that lasts all day - you go in fasting and they take blood, they give you glucose, wait, then take more blood - over and over all day. ). My sugar is fine now and I no longer get the hypoglycemic shakes while eating this way. Plus I find I'm eating so many more whole and organic foods. It's made me more health conscious all the way around.

Thanks Darian I do find myself thinking about what I put into my body differently now. I have been buying differently for the family too. (whole wheat pasta, lowfat products and I just found Helmans mayo comes in a new olive oil variety.) I am not shaky anymore and I am noticing so many little things that were bugging me. I think my eyesight has improved lately. It could be though that since I started this diet I go to bed earlier and get more sleep thus improving my vision. I feel better period. I have lost about 7 pounds so far.

One of the things I have really noticed is that I do not eat what my kids leave behind. 3 goldfish crackers here, 2 pizza crusts there (YUM) and do not eat extra servings of anything. I was over eating and snacking on junk all day long. We have 3 types of cookies at this house and I do not want any of them now.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #33
darian moone
Alluring Beauty

Yay, Morningstar! You're doing great! Isn't it amazing how the foods you desire actually change? I've got the whole family, including DS, on protein shakes in the morning now. They were resistant at first, but now the guys actually ask for them - and not a bit of sugar in them!

Jessie, I'm glad you found my experiences helpful. Here's hoping to read of your success story soon too!
darian moone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #34
Sibylla
Natural Beauty

Bought the book+the cook book. Haven´t started reading it yet. I´ll tell you if it works for me. Hate my belly...
Sibylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #35
DecafJane
Raw Beauty

I thought I would chime in and also rave about this diet! I am on phase 1, day 6, and have lost 2.2kg in water/fat/mass. It is fun to lose weight this fast, but I would be concerned for myself if it came off faster, because I don't want to lose muscle mass. I know things are supposed to slow down to 0.5-1kg per week in phase 2, which is a healthy rate of weight loss.

I thought that low-fat high-carb would work for me, but it really, really doesn't. Imagine eating "well" for 6 months, almost no desserts, and then stacking on a lot of weight anyway? Not good. The annoying thing is that it clearly worked for my husband, who, even though he didn't need to lose any weight, lost 5 kg, while I put on more than that. For me, that is proof that people need to eat differently.

He is still eating his carbs, and would rather eat cereal in the morning than an egg white omelette - madness, if you ask me! When I made a salad, he uses some of the ingredients as sandwich filling.

The thing I love the most about this diet is that I don't feel that nauseous, ravenous hunger that I used to feel all the time. It is such a relief. Now, I know I need to eat when I start to feel tired instead of hungry. I'm looking forward to phase 2, but right now I am happy as there are a number of phase 1 recipes that I am still excited to try!
DecafJane is offline   Reply With Quote