Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 9th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

Default Weight Loss Support TBB version

I've been thinking of starting this thread, and finally decided to do so.

Some of you know that several years ago I lost 95 pounds while following Weight Watchers (WW). Well, in the last 2 years I've regained 60 of it. I rejoined WW Monday evening, so I am currently on day 5 of my first week.

Anyone who wants to join in is welcome. If you are trying to lose weight (and maintain a healthy weight) chime in.

I am currently following the Flex/points plan at WW. I'm toying with the idea of going Core, but that won't be for a few weeks until I get some portion control back into my life. I know i do well if I attent meetings. I also found it VERY helpful to write on the LHC Weight Loss Support thread. I need to get back into the swing of things. Anyone else want to hop up onto the Swing with me!
Old February 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #2
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Good for you TBear, I know it's important to have friends in the same boat. It makes it much easier.

I just put on some weight during Christmas month and then with DH being gone for a month. I had lost 25 lbs over a 6 month period and am now up 7 lbs. So I have to get my behind in gear.
I will try to join you on this thread. I say try, because I'm still not at that breaking point yet where you tell yourself, that's it. I had better get there soon because I don't want to start that steady climb again.
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I'm in TBear! I'm very glad you started this thread. I've been doing WW since last spring. I really slacked off over the holidays and need to get back to the swing of things. I do much better if I go to meetings and stay for the lecture. I have to face that scale or I know I'll cheat all the time. My problem is portion control. If I like something I'll eat and eat and eat. I'm doing the Flex plan as I know I wouldn't be able to stop eating on the core plan. And I think the Flex Plan is more geared to people like me who eat out all the time.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 04:00 PM   #4
Shadowlee
Untouched Beauty

Yay! This is exactly what I need, especially because I don't have my LHC journal to blather on about this kind of stuff in.

I had a reality check about my weight recently when I figured out my BMI was 29.8. If you have a BMI of 30, you are considered obese, and I only have to gain one more kilogram to reach a BMI of 30. I don't want to be considered obese by anyone, thankyouverymuch! So for the past week, I've been focusing on eating better and getting some exercise. I'm already feeling better.
Shadowlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #5
Lexy
Sparkling Beauty

I was trying to lose 15 pounds. I lost 6, and now I think I'm stuck. 9 more pounds to go.

Tbear- I'm working on portion control too. I was actually counting calories, and losing weight that way, but as soon as we start eating out I can't count the calories, and so I eat more than I should. Now I'm trying for a combination of counting calories when I can and being aware of when I've eaten enough.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #6
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

The only way I can lose weight is to be aware of how much I am eating, not eat too many sweets and getting moving. Even if it is just walking, it starts off the weight loss.
Old February 9th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #7
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

I'm glad ya'll are joining me! :flowers:

Sweets are my downfall. I swear, sugar is like crack! I start and I don't want to stop.

I've done well all week (Mondays are weigh in day), but today I've had a hamburger and some fries. <sigh> I know I'm doing better this week than I did before joining WW. Let's hope it shows on the scales! <crossing fingers>
Old February 10th, 2008, 02:44 AM   #8
Guenever
Natural Beauty

I'm currently working on it :P
I gained 24 pounds in 3 months during my stay in Spain and I really, really want them gone.. My BMI is 24,5 -- close to "slightly overweight" - so I just want my ideal 128 pounds back..
Old February 10th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #9
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Guenever, I have about the same to lose, last time it took me one month to lose each 5 lbs. So after 6 months, I had lost 25 lbs. So by summer we can be beach ready.

What on earth did you eat in Spain? They must have some really good cuisine there.
Old February 10th, 2008, 04:49 AM   #10
Guenever
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie58
Guenever, I have about the same to lose, last time it took me one month to lose each 5 lbs. So after 6 months, I had lost 25 lbs. So by summer we can be beach ready.

What on earth did you eat in Spain? They must have some really good cuisine there.

Hehe, ready for the bikini season.. sounds good!

Well, I guess that the problem was the basic difference between Spain and Denmark.. At home we mostly eat rye bread, potatoes, pasta etc. - aka very "solid" food..
But in Spain white bread was the only thing I could find. Also cookies and chocolate milk is the most common breakfast down there and the host family I lived with had a surprisingly fat diet.. They had a "postre" (dessert) after every meal - chocolate/vanilla mousse mostly.. or cookies w. whipped cream/chocolate..
And despite the fact that I skipped the postres and bought corn flakes and low-fat milk for my breakfast, I gained 24 pounds.. I guess that the food in general was high on fats as well.. the Spanish couple I lived with was VERY over-weight.. and honestly, with those eating habits - I'm not surprised..
In Scandinavia South-european countries are known to have a light diet and to stay healthy in general.. but of course some people stand out =)