Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:26 AM   #1
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Default Help me prepare tea-Earl Grey

Hi! After reading the thread about "Favourite tea", i was tempted to try Earl Grey. I found it in the grocery but i have no direction to make it. How do i prepare a cup of this tea(milk tea)?
Im waiting for someone to come by and help me make my cup of tea....eager to rty.
Thank you in advance.
Naj
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=sienna] [url=http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=43][U][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Earthy skincare[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/url]:calm: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]1b/M/iii Black hair with red highlights in sun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Coneless convert, Herb washer, henna addict.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Skin type will soon be up..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkolivegreen][COLOR=darkgreen]Dry skin brushing and aloe gel addict[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][COLOR=black](Avatar-the famous Afghani girl by National geographic)[/COLOR][/I]
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:39 AM   #2
Snow White
Untouched Beauty

Is it a tea bag or loose leaf tea?
Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:45 AM   #3
Ursula
Dazzling Beauty

Make it as you would ordinary black tea. But if you normally spice your black tea, don't spice this.
[I]Wavy hair is like looking at nature. You look out your window into the woods, and every day, every hour, it is different, but it is always the same, and always lovely, no matter which way it is looking. You don't control it, but you appriciate it for what it is, and if it wasn't constantly changing, it wouldn't be nature.[/I]
Ursula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:20 AM   #4
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Its tea bags(cut the tea bags=loose tea).
I want to make milk tea..shoudl i just add the milk or is there something else to it?
TIA.
Naj
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=sienna] [url=http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=43][U][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Earthy skincare[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/url]:calm: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]1b/M/iii Black hair with red highlights in sun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Coneless convert, Herb washer, henna addict.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Skin type will soon be up..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkolivegreen][COLOR=darkgreen]Dry skin brushing and aloe gel addict[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][COLOR=black](Avatar-the famous Afghani girl by National geographic)[/COLOR][/I]
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:45 AM   #5
lovey
Raw Beauty

Hi Naj,
Earl Grey is wonderful. Once you find what works for you I'm sure you'll love it.

Well, here's what I do, for what it's worth.
1. put a mug of water in the microwave for a minute, 30 seconds.
2. put the tea bag in for about 4 minutes
3. put half-n-half or milk in (i put about two tablespoons; i like it creamy)
4. add a teaspoon or so of sugar

of course, when I'm not rushed for time, I like to boil the water in the kettle and pour over the tea bag... just feels nicer and i think it tastes better.

if you don't use sugar, maybe you could use honey.

the creamier the milk, the better! For example 1% or even 2% milk isn't creamy enough for me.

Hope you find what works for you, and enjoy!
[SIZE=1]You know I believe it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]But I still haven't found what I'm looking for.[/SIZE]
lovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:51 AM   #6
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Thanks lovey . Indian whole milk is 3% fat. So after boiling for a while it gets about 4% fat maybe..so ive got some yummy creamy Earl Grey i guess.
**Runs off to make a cup**
Naj
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:01 AM   #7
lovey
Raw Beauty

You're welcome!
Tell me how it turns out!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:01 PM   #8
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

No offense Lovey but never make a tea in the microwave, it spoils the flavor of the tea for some reason.

Naj, Earl Grey has a delicate and distinct flavor and I know the milk tea that you speak of, you will lose the flavor if you make it the Indian way. It does have a beautifu flavor that will come through in your milk tea, but you should really boil some water and pour it into a cup and let it steep for two minutes, remove the bag and add a little milk and sugar if you like sweet tea. Drink when piping hot. I just finished a cup as I found this thread. It's my favorite.
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:13 AM   #9
lovey
Raw Beauty

Jessie58,
No offense taken! But I boil my water in the microwave-- I don't put the tea in there. (Not sure if you thought that.)
Like I said in my post, I do it for hurry's sake and I'm sure my tea isn't as great as it could be. But it works for me!
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:14 AM   #10
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I boil water on the stove, steep my tea bag for about 4 minutes, add some heavy cream and a little bit of honey. I love it. Earl Grey rocks my world.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote