Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 5th, 2006, 06:19 AM   #21
Wind
Sparkling Beauty

Okay, so I caved. I was working most of Friday and all day Saturday at a huge garage sale, and by the end of the day I was very tired, and still needed to clean up. So I drank a Rockstar. Total waste of money, it didn't do anything! After this, and the Mountain Dews, I'm wondering why my body doesn't react to the caffiene? Meh.
Old June 5th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #22
enitsirk
Captivating Beauty

Every once in a while I get an idea to stop drinking soda, just because I know it isn't good for you.

I don't really drink it anymore, unless I'm just craving it. In which case I'll go ahead and have a soda as if it were a snack.

I'm a big milk and water drinker so it wasn't that hard...but I'd say it probably helps bunches to not drink it with meals. If you want it, go ahead and have it but drink one can/bottle and treat it like you'd treat a cookie. Okay maybe not a cookie (who doesn't eat tons of cookies at once) but just like it's a snack and a treat.

And my god if you have to wake up...eat an apple. Apples are great for getting rid of sleepyness
enitsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #23
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Oooh! I love pineapple juice with seltzer water in it.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #24
katkero
Raw Beauty

I broke down to and bougth a bottle of coke.
But mostly I drink water(at work) and at home homemade ice tea and homemade juice.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred][URL="http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kerenenrencomei200649gy.jpg"][IMG]http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4103/kerenenrencomei200649gy.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]A yawn is a cat's honest opinion.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]:kitty: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
katkero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 05:58 AM   #25
wonderlywroughte
Natural Beauty

Ugh!! I need to stop, too! For about a week I went soda-free, but I got the most horrid caffeine-depravation headaches that nothing helped go away. I even tried drinking tea (black tea with berries! yum!) and it didn't help. I need to give it another go. I've only had one in the past few days.
wonderlywroughte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #26
Pierre
Adonis

I drank lots of sodas when I was a kid, but gave it up. It was so long ago that all I remember about giving it up was that my mom said the phosphoric acid was bad for me (it demineralizes bones and teeth). Now I drink almost entirely water and fruit juice.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 11:49 AM   #27
SchnauzerMom
Sparkling Beauty

I used to be a Coke addict (Coca-Cola that is). I'd still be drinking it except it gives me cramps and diarrhea. I've tried to quit several times in the past but it took a physical problem to finally get me off of it. I can't digest the High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. If I get anything that has a lot of HFCS in it I get sick. I know this is no help to others who are trying to quit. I love water now and tea, hot or iced. I occasionally drink decaf Diet Coke but it's not a "must have" like regular Coke was.
SchnauzerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #28
birdiefu
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderlywroughte
Ugh!! I need to stop, too! For about a week I went soda-free, but I got the most horrid caffeine-depravation headaches that nothing helped go away. I even tried drinking tea (black tea with berries! yum!) and it didn't help. I need to give it another go. I've only had one in the past few days.

I have this problem with the horrid headaches too, WW. I have no problems drinking water or anything else to get off of soda (I drink diet), but I have nasty caffeine-withdrawal headaches if I go cold-turkey from soda. And my tea doesn't help either. I've been trying to wean myself instead and it seems to work better. So I'm not soda-free yet, but slowly reducing my intake to keep from getting the nasty headaches (which make me cranky with DS).
birdiefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #29
Bonnie
Natural Beauty

I stopped drinking soda probably about 6 months ago because one of my brothers and a sister stopped, and a friend remarked how unhealthy it was. We hardly ever drink soda to begin with, but since our family was out at concerts at lot (and there was always soda there) it was starting to be a habit. My brother has started drinking it again, but it's very occasional. Once in a while when it's hot out and someone has cold soda I start thinking a sip would be nice, but otherwise I never have the urge to drink it. The caffeine doesn't bother me as much as what I've heard about the carbonation (and the sugar).

Start drinking (more!) coffee

Bonnie
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #30
StTheMary
Untouched Beauty

I have also given up soda. I tried weaning myself off it slowly at first, but that actually prolonged the amount of time I had horrible headaches and caused me to want the soda more to get rid of them. Eventually giving them up completely was a lot more effective. The withdrawal symptoms went away within a week. I have started drinking only water, with skim milk on occasion.
My reasons for giving it up were the calories and the addicting caffeine.
StTheMary is offline   Reply With Quote