Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 6th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #11
BlondeInDisguise
Sparkling Beauty

whats your hair type? (different things work for different types and if you see someone with the same type your more likely to have success with things that they have tryed and liked)

mine is
1b-1c (I think)/fine-medium/ii

when did you join LHC? (how long have you studied under the hair gurus? this is to know how much experience a person has... its not always an accurate reading as some have had long hair all their life)

I haven't joined yet, but I lurked for a few weeks, I think

what was your starting length? and what is your length now? (this is to show how far you have come and to show how committed you have been)

My starting length was however long my hair was at birth. My hair is now 51"--it's a miracle it's that long

what are your hair goals? (im just curious)
Right now my only hair goal is to get my ends thicker and even--and all at knee length where some of my ends are now

what is your routine??? (what works for you and your hair type?)
Pretty much whatever I feel like. I wash approx. every other day (just on my scalp) with a shampoo bar, and condition with V05 fruit smoothie, and Suave. Recently I've been adding a bit of castor oil. Finger combing only.

[CENTER][FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=DarkOrange]Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Psalm 37:4[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Last edited by BlondeInDisguise : February 7th, 2008 at 07:51 AM.
BlondeInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #12
SanJuanTX
Untouched Beauty

I joined a few weeks ago. My hair was about 4 inches from the scalp. My goal was 12 inches. I think my goal now is to get it as long as I can. I've gained almost an inch in just a few weeks. I don't have a routine yet but, I've learned a lot and I'm trying different things. I've always wanted long beautiful hair and was not able to get it because I didn't know how to take care of it. I have more hope now than ever before of getting the hair of my dreams because of the things I've learned from The Beauty Bottle and The Long Hair Community. You guys are great!!!
SanJuanTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #13
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

I joined the old LHL (prior to the existence of LHC) January 23, 2001, so I just celebrated my 7th year with some of these ladies (it seems their weren't any guys that I remember who posted then who still post . . . but I'm old and have swiss-cheese for brains).

My hair is 2b/2c. It kind of depends on the weather. It kinks/curls up more when it is humid. My hair use to be on the thin-end of medium, but I lost a good amount of hair (1/4 to 1/3 of my hair) and it dipped into the thin range. It is thickening up, but I'm not about to measure the thickness yet. It might be premature. It *does* feel thicker, though. And my strands are VERY fine, like gossimer thread.

I wash my hair once per week with CWCC (condition, shampoo, condition, leave in conditioner). Sometimes I'll do a mid-week wash with CO (conditioner only). I use Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo and conditioner. I use various conditioners for the first C in CWCC and for the CO. I use Giovanni Direct Leave in for my 3rd C of CWCC.

I use a Denman (D3 or D4) brush, even on wet hair. It feels and acts like a comb, but feels GREAT on my scalp. If I use a comb, I use a Kent (or other saw-cut comb without seams). I own an Mason Pearson large extra all BBB brush. I use it a few times per year. I don't know that it does anything for me, but it cost so danged much I like it.

I have worn my hair up in a Ficcare (one of my almost 2 dozen) almost every day for the past 4 or 5 years. I own sticks and forks, but my Ficcares never fail me. About a year and a half ago I cut my hair (from fingertip to BSL). I wore my hair down a bit, but it grew back to tailbone. I've since recut (in early December) and wear it down about half the time. I am enjoying wearing it down.

I don't have any real "hair goals". I want my hair to look nice up and down. I want it to be thicker, but I don't do much to actively persue that goal (except not cut it and pay attention to it and see if I'm losing a lot of hair).

Hmmm, I think that is all . . .
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:52 PM   #14
Beatnik Guy
Adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacherbear
I joined the old LHL (prior to the existence of LHC) January 23, 2001, so I just celebrated my 7th year with some of these ladies (it seems there weren't any guys that I remember who posted then who still post . . . but I'm old and have swiss-cheese for brains).
Me?
Actually, I'm not sure if I posted much at the very start, but I was at old LHL (or the Long Hair Lovers Gallery, even) from the day it opened when Jen B plugged it at TLHS.
Beatnik Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #15
squiggyflop
Luxe Beauty

wow so many answers!! it really does help.
squiggyflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #16
Angellen
Raw Beauty

I'm a 1b/1c, M, ii/iii (4" pony)

I joined in August, so I'm at around the 6 month range, too.

My hair when I joined LHC was ~27", and now it's around ~31.25. I'm hoping that when I reach my "official" 6 month anniversary (2/17, I think) I'll be around 31.5".

My goal was originally waist, but now I'm just letting it grow, and celebrating little milestones like hip, TB, etc.

My routine: I only wash my hair once a week, on Sunday, with CV poo bars and a diluted WV rinse. Three lathers, maybe one lather with a regular CV bar (as conditioner), and then WV. I rinse out the WV some, though, because I don't care for the smell. During the week I use a black 'bohn' comb or a wooden one, and mist in the evenings with a water/BPAL spray. Mmmm....

My hair compliments are usually around two a week.
Angellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #17
squiggyflop
Luxe Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellen

I joined in August, so I'm at around the 6 month range, too.

im pretty sure i joined in august but i forgot what day i think ive passed my 6 month but im not sure because LHC isnt up... well if i havent passed it by the time that the site comes back then ill celebrate by posting lots of smileys and whatnot in my photo journal... actually i think i'll do that anyway out of joy for the return of LHC

Last edited by squiggyflop : February 6th, 2008 at 09:18 PM.
squiggyflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #18
curlsgirl
Radiant Beauty

Default Oh boy a chance to talk about HAIR again!

whats your hair type?
3a/M/iii

when did you join LHC?
November 2006

what was your starting length?
about 21 inches

and what is your length now?
28 inches

what are your hair goals?
I want to grow to waist CURLY so that will be about another year I think since stretched that's only about 3 inches but curly it's about 6. I want healthy hair too and I color the roots so I may not grow longer than that, will have to see. I take very good care of my hair otherwise.

what is your routine?
I CWC about once a week (more in the summer) with Paul Mitchell color-safe shampoo and Giovanni 50/50 conditioner. I use a leave-in of BWC conditioner, then AG Re:coil and coconut oil. I only comb very gently with a wide-tooth comb to detangle and very little low heat styling, no irons except bangs.
Old February 7th, 2008, 12:49 AM   #19
Naluin
Untouched Beauty

Hairtype? 4a/3c, fine, ii/iii

When did you join LHC?
I joined in October of last year. So, three months ago?

Starting length? Current length?

I don't remember what my length was in October, but at the time of my last haircut around the end of July, my hair was about 1/2 an inch from root to tip. Currently, it measures 17.25 inches from hairline to hem.

Hair goals?
I hope to reach shoulder length while curly and APL when stretched by the end of this year. My long term goal is waist while curly. I hope to get there in at least 3 years.

Routine? I wash WO about twice a week. I don't brush my hair and I'm toying with the idea of putting away the comb, too. Currently, I'm experimenting with oiling with coconut and camellia oils the night before washing. So far I'm liking the results.
Naluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 01:40 AM   #20
AJoifulNoise
Enticing Beauty

whats your hair type? Mostly 1C/M/ii/iii

when did you join LHC? September 2007, though I had lurked since March or April of 2007

what was your starting length? and what is your length now? I was 24 inches in June, 28 inches by October, and I'm now 32 inches.

The picture in my siggy is from Janurary. It is about an inch longer now (plus those waves hide a bit of length, too). I don't have a length shot for this month yet.

what are your hair goals? I am going for terminal, whatever that may be. I'd really like to grow at least to my knees. My mini goal at the moment is 36 inches.

what is your routine???
I condition only every day. Once every 1-2 weeks I clarify with 1 cup water, 1.5 TBS shampoo, 1 TBS honey, 1 TBS aloe vera gel. I can skip a day after I clarify, and I usually take advantage of that. I wear my hair up a lot in either a chinese bun or cinnabun. If my hair seems a bit dry I do a prolonged condition. I just leave my conditioner (herbal essences hello hydration, break's over, or none of your frizzness) on for about 2 hours. Sometimes I scrunch my hair with aloe vera and jojoba oil. I do not cut or trim my hair. I don't use any kind of heat styling.
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/aug08siggy.jpg[/IMG][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I]Lady Hathor of the Blessed Harmony in the order of the Long Hair Knights[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

Last edited by AJoifulNoise : February 7th, 2008 at 01:45 AM.
AJoifulNoise is offline   Reply With Quote