Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 6th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #1
squiggyflop
Luxe Beauty

Default when did you join LHC? starting length? now? goals?

if im not allowed to post this mods please delete it

ive just had my 6 month anniversary (i think) with LHC... i cant see everyones stats so it makes it hard for me to tell where everyones coming from with their posts.
i was wondering if you would all humor me and answer some questions

whats your hair type? (different things work for different types and if you see someone with the same type your more likely to have success with things that they have tryed and liked)

mine is
1c-2a/fine-medium/ii

when did you join LHC? (how long have you studied under the hair gurus? this is to know how much experience a person has... its not always an accurate reading as some have had long hair all their life)

I joined about 6 months ago

what was your starting length? and what is your length now? (this is to show how far you have come and to show how committed you have been)

im not sure what the measurment was for my starting length... i think most of my hair was chopped 4 inches from root to tip... but when i joined LHC i was a tiny bit passed shoulder.

now im at 27.5 inches

feel free to post pictures of your accomplishments with pride.

what are your hair goals? (im just curious)
im going for classic

what is your routine??? (what works for you and your hair type?)

i wash every one to two days with a watery-thin mixture of baking soda water and shampoo. (i have nightmares most nights so i often wake up greasy sweaty all over which makes it hard to extend times between washes)
i condition with Vo5.. i finger comb it in really good and let it sit for a couple of minutes
then i spray with a cone filled kids detangler spray..

around once every month or every 2 months i henna my hair..(my hair is auburn so no one really notices my roots) before henna i do a deep clarifying treatment to rid the hair of oils and cones.

after henna i do a deep condition... i like to do a hot oil treatment with camellia oil but mayo is good too.

i dont like to wear my hair up but my second day hair is usually too greasy to have it down.

so will you pretty please answer my questions?

Last edited by squiggyflop : February 6th, 2008 at 09:13 PM.
squiggyflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 04:36 PM   #2
ycelong
Alluring Beauty

I just joined in January (last month)
My hair was about 15.5 inches long
Now it is about 16 inches long

my question is HOW did you get that much growth in 6 months?
I would love to replicate it
My hair type is a 2c-3a/fine-medium/ii
My goal? as long as i can get it - hopefully to at least WL
ycelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #3
feisty redhead
Alluring Beauty

whats your hair type?
2c/3a,m/c,iii

when did you join LHC?

November 2007; I had known about it for an insane amount of time (I'm talking YEARS) before I finally decided to join.

what was your starting length? and what is your length now?

I'm not sure what my length was when I joined LHC, but it was about 14 inches when I chopped off a lot of length a year ago. It's now at about 26 inches or so, possibly more I haven't measured in quite a while.

what are your hair goals?
I'm going for hip length right now, but who knows? I may decide that's not long enough once I get there!

what is your routine?
I'm still trying out different things to see what is going to work for me. Seems like CO with VO5 has worked best so far but only time will tell. Right now I'm just using some Dove shampoo and conditioner my dad bought for me. It's official that my hair does better without cones, but I'll finish up the couple bottles of stuff he got for me and then move on to trying something else from there.
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/lips_of_an_angel_photos/natredsig.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]
feisty redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #4
squiggyflop
Luxe Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycelong
I just joined in January (last month)
My hair was about 15.5 inches long
Now it is about 16 inches long

my question is HOW did you get that much growth in 6 months?
I would love to replicate it
My hair type is a 2c-3a/fine-medium/ii
My goal? as long as i can get it - hopefully to at least WL

actually i trimmed off almost 2 inches in that time so the growth would be even more dramatic...
thanks so much for answering my questions it means alot to me.
i did take a hair vitamin for a while but after 2 months i couldnt be bothered... mainly because the smell of the vitamins would make me gag... the guy at the vitamin world said it was because of the B vitamins in it... its made by natrol... it gave me alot alot of growth fast... the first month i took it with a centrium every day and got an inch.
i eat alot of protien so that could be a reason for the amount of growth and ive also noticed faster growth since i started using camellia oil as a hair and scalp treatment. it is said that the reason that japanese noblewomen were able to grow their hair longer than they were tall centuries ago was because they used camellia oil.. camellia supposidly only grew on one small island and that the women of that island have the most beautiful hair in the world.
also i think the reason why i havent had to trim my hair in months is because of hennas amazing strengthening ability. my hair doesnt break off as easily as it used to.

Last edited by squiggyflop : February 8th, 2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old February 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #5
AutumnFalls
Sparkling Beauty

whats your hair type?
1b/c/F/ii/iii

when did you join LHC?
um... what was it July 2007?? but I lurked before that

what was your starting length? and what is your length now?
It was about 31 and now it's um... 35+. I haven't measured in ages. I started at not quite hip and I'm now just past tailbone.

what are your hair goals?
My original goal was tailbone, but I've been challenged by my roomate and my mom to see how long it will grow. I'm going to try for classic now and see what happens. I'll probably cut back to tailbone eventually.

what is your routine?
I shampoo/condition about once a week with Exact Herbal Gardens shampoo and conditioner. I do some WO washes inbetween with an occasional CO or SMT. My hair loves honey ^^
AutumnFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #6
Islandgrrl
Enticing Beauty

I joined in November 2007, so just about 2 months ago. I started at 23" length, I think I'm about 24" now. Maybe a tad more. I'm not measuring until Mid-May.

As for hair type - okay, I don't remember. But it's straight-ish with a tiny bit of natural wave, strands are mostly in the medium range.

I henna, but I'm a natural redhead (kind of a medium auburn) so you can never see the roots anyway. Henna is to camouflage the grey a little bit and because I like the way it makes my hair feel. (and really, I love the way the stuff smells)

My routine consists of mostly CO, not on any particular schedule, but whenever my hair starts to feel like it needs to be cleaned. Sometimes it's consecutive days, sometimes it's 4 or 5 days apart. I do the occasional CWC and clarify before I henna. I deep condition about twice a month, but am considering going more often. My fave condish is Aubrey Organics GPB - I've been using this stuff forever - I want to say since I was in college, which is a stinking long time ago.

My hair goal is to get back to knee length! I obviously have a looooooong way to go! So my first mini-goal is BSL, which I'm guessing I should reach in about 3 months. Then the obvious landmarks: waist, hip, TB and classic. I'm considering what it would take to get to terminal length - I have no idea where that is but since I've been to knee with a really thick, blunt hemline, I know it's somewhere south of there!

I am totally open to the idea of supplementation to expedite hair growth, I just don't know exactly what to use...so that's my next investigative project!

[SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue]Please, Spock, do me a favor ... 'n' [B]don't[/B] say it's `fascinating'..." -- Dr. McCoy[/COLOR] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=olive]"No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock (The Ultimate Computer)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Islandgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #7
squiggyflop
Luxe Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgrrl
I am totally open to the idea of supplementation to expedite hair growth, I just don't know exactly what to use...so that's my next investigative project!

the natrol brand vitamin i used to take will run you about 8-12 $ a month (depending on where you buy it) its 14$ on the website but i got it way cheeper at shop rite... but as long as you take a good multivitamin everything is nice nice.
Old February 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #8
Islandgrrl
Enticing Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggyflop
the natrol brand vitamin i used to take will run you about 8-12 $ a month (depending on where you buy it) its 14$ on the website but i got it way cheeper at shop rite... but as long as you take a good multivitamin everything is nice nice.

Thanks for the info! I don't have anyplace like that here on the island, but I'm heading over to the mainland on Monday and will have to see what I can do!

[SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue]Please, Spock, do me a favor ... 'n' [B]don't[/B] say it's `fascinating'..." -- Dr. McCoy[/COLOR] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=olive]"No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock (The Ultimate Computer)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Islandgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #9
squiggyflop
Luxe Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgrrl
Thanks for the info! I don't have anyplace like that here on the island, but I'm heading over to the mainland on Monday and will have to see what I can do!

ISLAND!!! wow i wish i lived on an island... b vitamins smell bad but are great for hair growth... perhaps you could order a vitamin online? dont fall for those fancy 30$ hair vitamins either. bioton is also good to stop heavy shedding
wow i totally hijacked my own thread.
Old February 6th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #10
mira-chan
Alluring Beauty

Hairtype: 2b/C/ii/iii
Joined LHC: 3 years ago, January 2005.
Hair length when joined: Hip length (something like 32) now it's thigh length (45.5").
Goal: Was classic, passed that and now growing without any goals.
Routine: Herbal for the most part, Indian herbs (mostly) and western herbs. Some occasional WO, shampoo bar and Bakind soda washing. Wash once a week to two weeks, as needed. Oil as needed on dry hair. Henna or cassia occasionally.
I do not use shampoo or conditioner as I'm sensitive to some ingredients.

Oh I wish biotin or other B vitamins could help me. I have had awful breakouts every single time I've taken a B vitamin suppliment with or without biotin (so it's not just biotin).