Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 27th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #1
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Default Do you wear your liner on the outside of your lid or the inside?

When I was younger I used to wear my liner on the inside of my lid in a thin line and it always made my eye look very pronounced and stand out. I never wore black liner and still never do. It's either green or blue.

I found that when I was older though, it looked kind of harsh. I seldom wear eyeliner anymore though, but when I do, it's in a very fine line on the top of my upper lashes and under the lower lashes.

I remember when my mother was in her 40/50's she used to wear khol on the inside edge of here eyes and she always looked smouldering, not harsh.

How do you wear your eyeliner?
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #2
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

I used to wear it on the inside and have found, also, that it tends to look harsh now and only wear it on the outside of my lid. I'm also concerned that I don't know where all the liner goes when I put it on the inside, it can't be good for me.
Liluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I wear it above my upper lashes and under the lower lashes. Some days I skip the lower lash thing. I often use a BE shadow or liner powder put on with a skinny liner brush. I can get it right down inside my lash line. With my pale lashes I need all the help I can get.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 12:07 AM   #4
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

So Carolyn do you mean that you can wet the BE powders and make it like a liquid eyeliner? I've never used a liquid liner only the crayon type.
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #5
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

I use BE Liner Shadows, too. I also use different shadows, glimmers and glimpses, mixing to make different shades and tones. Talk about fun.

I never wear black liner, it is too harsh against my very fair skin. Browns, greys, plums and greens are better choices for me. I normally only wear liner on my top lid, it makes my eyes look bigger and wider.

I used to wear liner, top, bottom and on the inner rim of my eyes, in the eighties and early nineties. I likes the look, and it is back, now. It is called tight lining, now. These up and comers think that they have discovered something new and fresh. Nu-Uh! We all did it, first!

Tessa, I mix my BE liner shadow with a little water to form a thinnish paste and then line, close to my lashes with a very fine liner brush. For a more smudged, smokey look, I use a softer, fuller liner brush, apply a little more liner then smudge it out with a dry brush. Liner shadows last a long time for me, even mixed with just water, but there is a liner sealer you can buy that will make it waterproof and even longer-lasting. I need to pick some up, so I can try tight lining with my liner shadows.
Old November 5th, 2007, 01:28 PM   #6
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

I always marvel that younger women can wear the black liner and look wide eyed and innocent and when a lot of older women wear it, they look hard and harsh. I'll stick to my greens and blues and I think I'll try a plum or grey.

I'm going to start experimenting with liners again. I am getting bored with the "fresh" no makeup look. I am looking tired nowadays so I need some perking up.
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:34 PM   #7
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

I generally wear it across my top eyelid and just a smudge at the bottom corner of my eye. Too much on the bottom makes my eyes look smaller. I usually do a combination of wet and dry liner (I use MMU shadows). I do a wet line, then go over it with a wider brush and more shadow to soften it.

My favourites are plums and dark browns. They're the BEST for green eyes
Old November 10th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #8
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Thanks Kimberlily, I bought some creams and moisturizers the other day and they were over $100 so I did not buy any new eye makeup. I'm going to buy and try some new stuff and change up my look a bit.
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #9
Artenystea
Untouched Beauty

I wear liner on the bottom of my lower lashes, and sometimes along the top lash line. I like the look of lining the inside of the lower lashes, but I wear contacts, so it can sometimes be an issue. Also, I tend to think that's a little dramatic for a daytime look (for me, at least.)
Artenystea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #10
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

I wore some purple in a thin line today on the outside of both top and bottom and it looked so nice. That was a first for me. Tomorrow I'm going to wear some nice plum shadow to compliment it. I used to wear a plum on my lids many years ago and it really suits my eyes and skin coloring. Now that I'm older I'm not so sure so I'll experiment.