Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 7th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #11
Chamomile betty
Sparkling Beauty

That's wonderful

I take between 2000mcg - 3000mcg and it's good for me. I use the 1000mcg pills.

I had been out of biotin for almost 2 months and I am a little excited to see if I gain any extra growth this Spring. Even if it didn't do anything for my hair I'd take it for my nails.
[/CENTER]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Green] [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Green][SIZE=2] [SIZE=1]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
Chamomile betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 09:56 PM   #12
yogachic
Untouched Beauty

I take 3000mcgs and It has kept my cystic acne at bay. I have put away my prescription cream. That is the biggest plus for me. It also helps my nails, I haven't noticed it do a thing for my hair.
yogachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 06:43 PM   #13
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Thought I would update here. I no longer take Biotin. For the life of me I can't remember why, LOL! I will say that my hair continues to grow (it's pretty dang long now) and my nails are nice and hard and I still have to file on them twice a week.
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #14
Carolyn
Aphrodite

I've cut back on my mega doses. I was doing 5mg per day. I still have a lot of the 5mg capsules so I am now taking one 2-3 times a week. If I think my hair is growing slower I may go back to a daily dose.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #15
Truepenny
Raw Beauty

I've just bought a Skin/hair/nails supplement today mainly for the biotin content I keep hearing about, and the dosage is 200 g which it says is (400% of the RDA) but looking at you guys this actually seems like a really small dosage in comparison.

I'm supposed to take them 3 times a day apparently, but they're HUGE and taste vile so I think I may only take one or two for a while. I really hope they help me with my hair growth because it's SOOO slow atm.

It's says on the label 'helps to maintain healthy hair skin and nails'- I had to LOL as I've no health in my hair to maintain at all right now

Fingers crossed for the miracle!
Truepenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #16
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

I take straight biotin and Im not near the bottle to look at the dosage but its something like 500 or 5000 mcg or something like that. I dont take it regulary, I forget half the time. I have to start it again.
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #17
jacqueline101
Alluring Beauty

I love biotin and I take 7500mcg and I've noticed mine going for hair growth which is good. I'm going to notice the nails more too.
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #18
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

I remember when...what WAS her name?...first mentioned mega-doses of Biotin. I never did it, because I couldn't get past the whole "your body just flushes away what you don't use" (which seems like a waste of money, if you're taking a LOT more than you actually utilize) but of even bigger concern to me is the idea that it doesn't just magically flush away. That has to be processed through your liver, doesn't it? Does that concern anyone else besides me, or am I just being paranoid?

:chicken: [SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Plum]Nops and a banana-hammock. Woot! :chicken:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showpost.php?p=5692&postcount=53"]Deodorant recipes, for the ladies...[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #19
Carolyn
Aphrodite

Lisa, was it JoJo? She scared me out of the mega doses.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:32 AM   #20
fridgee
Sparkling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJaney
I remember when...what WAS her name?...first mentioned mega-doses of Biotin. I never did it, because I couldn't get past the whole "your body just flushes away what you don't use" (which seems like a waste of money, if you're taking a LOT more than you actually utilize) but of even bigger concern to me is the idea that it doesn't just magically flush away. That has to be processed through your liver, doesn't it? Does that concern anyone else besides me, or am I just being paranoid?

Yes that very much puts me off. It seems a great strain on your liver to process the extra waste, what's the point in taking so high a dose that some (most?) of it gets peed away? I'm too scared to take biotin in any case in case it breaks me out. I'm a wimp with supplements, always worried they will be the wrong dose or do more harm than good, so I try to make sure I eat everything I need.

[CENTER]Come over to the nerd side... we have pi [/CENTER]
fridgee is offline   Reply With Quote