Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 16th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #1
texasgal
Natural Beauty

Default all natural or gentle hairspray

Is there an all natural or gentle hairspray. I normally try not to use hairspray but I have a wedding to go to & the style I am going to do will need some hold to it. When I have used hairspray in the past I always bought cheap drugstore hairspray & even the ones that say soft hold still make my hair feel so stiff & yucky.
texasgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #2
SilverDeb
Untouched Beauty

Aubrey Organics makes an all natural one. I think Kiss My Face does and Natures Gate. Many of the more natural lines make
Hairsprays. HTH

Deb
SilverDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 06:36 PM   #3
Birchbark
Untouched Beauty

Aloe vera gel is nice, and doesn't leave buildup if you like gel. Not sure of the hold compared to other products though. Other people have made anti-frizz sprays from it too, by mixing it with water.
Birchbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #4
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

I make my own with sugar & water. Works like a dream and rinses out without any shampoo at all I rarely use it though, since I usually don't need hairspray.
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #5
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

For a light holding spray I mix aloe vera gel with filtered water. If I want more hold I add some sugar to it.
Old June 16th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #6
peripheralvisionary
Natural Beauty

I've used sugar and water before too, it works great. Jason's has an alcohol-free hairspray that I like for the occasional times I use hairspray too.
[FONT=Bradley Hand ITC][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]Don't forget the flowers at your feet."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo]Jeremy Bentham[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
peripheralvisionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #7
Zoey
Untouched Beauty

I made a "baby hair spray" before using water and corn syrup. Worked like a charm on my daughters when they were toddlers!
Zoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #8
peripheralvisionary
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey
I made a "baby hair spray" before using water and corn syrup. Worked like a charm on my daughters when they were toddlers!
I wonder if honey and water would work too? I use honey on my hair in SMT and sometimes mixed with my second CO conditioner, so it would be good for your hair too maybe?
[FONT=Bradley Hand ITC][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]Don't forget the flowers at your feet."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo]Jeremy Bentham[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
peripheralvisionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2006, 04:09 AM   #9
kissme
Raw Beauty

i infuse all the oils i have together and sprinkled some rosemary and cayenne pepper on it. den add 60 percent of distilled water and voila. it helps to keep those strays hair from straying to my face. i've been using it everyday and i notice my hair less frizzier than before. =D
kissme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #10
Rosepetal
Untouched Beauty

Sugar-water works great!

It can weigh-down your hair if you use too much, or if your hair is very fine, so I would experiment before-hand.

It rinses clean with no drying effects.
Rosepetal is offline   Reply With Quote