Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 16th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #1
mazza
Adonis

Post side effects of certain oils?

Hello all,

its been some time since I been here and I thought I do a quick status update. My hair is ok, and its growing at shoulder level.

I got recommended a good mix of oils from this forum here I even started to eat pumpkin seed daily and see reduce shedding which is great result!
so I started to look for the oils. Found nothing wrong until, I was looking up saw palmetto side effects:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw_palmetto_extract#Contraindications_and_side_ef fects

Not sure if this place is bashing on saw palmetto to get people to buy propecia :
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-los...e-pageid-2.php

should the side effect really effect me if I applying topically? Is it safe? sorry if its a seriously newbie question.
The rest of the mixture are: castor oil, Rosemary, fenugreek, alma, brahmi, saw palmetto.

I am interested to know what everyones thoughts are.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #2
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Pretty sure those side effects are for when it is taken internally, as they say that taking it with food reduces them as opposed to on an empty stomach.

The only side effect I have ever had from applying oil on my hair and scalp was when I used avacado and it gave me a migraine. Turns out I'm allergic to it. If you are using your mix and it works for your hair and you don't get itchy scalp or migraines then I see no reason why you shouldn't continue!
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #3
mazza
Adonis

I thought that too. I get the slight headache or tingling feeling when I apply castor oil after 20-30 mins but, I havent notice anything else. I dont think its thats bad and go's away about few minutes. And I been using it for two months for about three times a week.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #4
jacqueline101
Alluring Beauty

I thought it was if you took them internally but I could be wrong. The article is interesting.