Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Default Makeup without foundation?

I feel totally lost on this concept. Since i started wearing makeup for dance performances when i was pretty young ive always done it about the same way. Foundation, concealer, eyes, bronzer, highlighter, and blush now that my skin is feeling more sensitive while adjusting to retinols i dont know how to start!

Right now i cant tolerate foundation, eyeliner, or mascara. Now if i take those out and do all the other steps i look like a half made up clown. Any advice on how to accent a bare face?

Thanks

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #2
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

Can you use a tinted moisturiser for a bit of light coverage? Perhaps an organic one if your skin is very sensitive. I use one by a company called Madara (the 'moonflower' shade), I don't know if it's available in the US. Perhaps online?

Another option of course is probably to experiment with using a lighter touch with the products you do use so they're not overpowering on your 'barer' face.

Mostly when I wear makeup (which is rarely though), I don't use anything underneath other than my regular moisturiser. I've never personally liked being able to 'feel' my makeup!! (I wonder if it makes me look like a half-made-up clown?? LOL!!)

Good luck, hopefully other people will chime in and help. I go for the 'barely there' look anyway so that might not be much use

ETA: There are some outlets that sell Madara in the US, and probably others online too: http://www.madara-cosmetics.com/intl...her-shops/430/

Last edited by Aredhel77 : February 4th, 2013 at 03:21 AM.
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

BB creams work well for me. They give a little coverage and even out my skin tone. Then I do all the other steps you mentioned.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #4
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Today I have eyeliner and mascara on and thats it. I do sometimes wear a BB or foundation though. I think it depends on ones colouring and how it shows up though, my eyelids often look like I've got eyeshadow on even when I don't, so does my mouth. My cheeks on the other hand almost never have any colour to them whatsoever (when I had my hair died platinum blonde, I came up the stairs and my FIL nearly jumped out of his skin, he thought I was a ghost LOL). Because my cheeks have no colour, I can't wear blusher or bronzer on them without looking as you said, a clown.
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #5
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Well i read through the advice but decided i didnt want to invest in a tinted moisturizer or bb cream just to use it for a few weeks while my skin adjusts so i went out and got a more opaque concealer since my concealer is frighteningly old and its something i will still get use out of later on.

Going to try it out tomorow just concealer/bronzer/eyes and see if thats less overpowering on me. Thanks all

Eta: when the heck did concealer start costing $7!

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote