Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 4th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Default Zoya Top To Bottom Test

As im new to zoya and even with many weeks of extensive googling i cant find enough info out there about what other brands of base/tops that work with them i figure we need a thread.

I know its best to go with cellulose acetate butyrate free ones but thats easier said than done if you like quick dry tc's. And even with the info ive found its all about tc not bc. So i was thinking it would be helpful if we could all share our adventures and misadventures in experimenting with zoya's.

Please list brand, if its a tc or bc, what your wear time was, and if you had any issues with application or wear. Im going to try my sally beauty beauty secrets top coat (the blue one) probably tonight. I'll let ya know

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #2
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Started stage 1 of my top to bottom test. Stage 1 test 4 base/top coats on swatch wheel. Polish 1 beauty secrets top coat blue formula, polish 2 orly bonder both of these are free of cellulose acetate butyrate which is known to make zoya tempermental. Polish 3 orly armor and polish 4 inm odt, after much googling i have now found 4 referances that odt plays nice ith zoya so fingers crossed.

I did one coat of each followed by two of polish and one of each on top so the zoya was sandwhiched in the middle. Up front 15 minutes after no reaction or differance i will check tonight when its been 12 hours and again in the morning when its been 24. I'll update with any changes i notice.

Old January 6th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #3
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Ok stage 2 & 3 no change so i guess my challenge went unchallenged? Or maybe you need the protein of the nail in order to cause the reaction? Then again maybe im just lucky. Stage 4 will be on the nail. Im more tired than i anticipated today so i might push it off till tomorow.

Old January 9th, 2013, 03:38 AM   #4
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Since my swatch nails showed no bad signs of lifting, bubbling, ect... i decided to go to the on the nail test. Did my usual base of orly armor then to coats of zoya anastasia (note that it looked fine at night under artifical lights but in daylight it needed 3, my cuticles had balding anf in the sun i had vnl) then one thick coat of out the door top coat.

End of day 1 almost 24 hours no lifting or bubbling but i to have minor tip wear on my right hand and two mini-chips. I dont feel its the polished fault as i did 2 1/2 loads of dishes today, the chips came from a steak knife that slipped. Dont think i'll top coat it so i can get an accurate wear test on it tomorow when i do more.....dishes .

Feeling good that so far it appears my nail combo is compatable.

Old January 12th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #5
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Ok day 4 of wear test. Considering i havent topped off with top coat its wearing very well . No bubbles or lifting, only minor tip wear on my left hand, moderate tip wear on 4 of my nails on the right hand 1 has pretty bad tip wear but thats typical as thats the nail that hits the bottom of my tea cup when i rinse it out several times a day.

The chips from the steak knife have doubled in size though unsightly not bad when your as hard on your hands as i am. They maintain a decently smooth edge and havent lifted or peeled. Only one new chip which occured when wiping down the inside of a dirty cupboard. Im going to let it go one more day for a total of 5 which is longer than i usually wait but overall id call it a success .

I offically declare that orly nail armor base coat and out the door top coat are a zoya friendly combo. It works with my chemistry but YMMV. The wear test with bonder will have to wait because i have too many new holos i havent gotten to wear yet. Besides im hoping my six new zoyas will have arrived by then so i can do a bright one since the ones i have are all fall/winter shades and the sun has started to pop through down here and i want to greet it

Old February 16th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #6
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Ok continuation of the test. I havent tried any new bases yet but poshe top coat is officially safe. I used it over my accent cupcake nail using zoya felicity the rest of my nails got OTD to get a good compare. I touched up all nails with OTD and they wore evenly without shrinkage or peeling.