Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 4th, 2013, 02:41 AM   #1
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Default Recc's for day oil?

Noticed today that the cold has taken a toll on my skin which makes my foundation look cakey. Im going to add a night time oil maybe cocoa butter but that is to much for day. Any reccs for a lighter oil i can put under my cream foundation? I have a moisturizer but it doesnt agree with my makeup it changes the color if i apply it in the am.

My skin is on the dry side and acne prone. Ive tried squalene but it doesnt soak in to my skin well when its dry, after a shower awesome stuff but not on dry skin to slick and shiney. Also my skin didnt like rose hip seed oil and coconut breaks me out if i use it too often.

Thanks

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:23 AM   #2
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

I have actually been looking for the same thing, though for different reasons. I have eczema, which gets worse in winter, and broken skin and normal skin creams don't mix (ouchy). So I've been looking for an oil for my face that will replace my normal moisturiser.

From my extensive googling it appears apricot kernel oil is a good one for using on your face. I can't speak from experience because my bottle is currently in the possession of Royal Mail, but I have had a lot of success with oil blends where it's one of the main ingredients.

Mine should be here by Thursday, so I'll let you know how I get on with it and if I'd recommend it.
Kaydana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

I have eczema too though luckly on my face its not a constant, it happens more when im out in the elements or my hormones are out of whack. Have you tried adding some comfrey infused oil to your routine? Topical msm and propolis have also helped me through some bad patches.

Thanks for mentioning apricot oil i'll check it out. I forgot some things at the healthfood store so i have to go back anyway might get some then.

Old January 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #4
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

I hadn't heard of using comfrey infused oil for it. I'll look into that, thanks!

My face and neck are the places I have it worst. Anywhere else I can deal with it fairly quickly because I can keep it covered so it's not exposed, but I can't easily do that with my face and neck. I'm hoping switching to more natural skin care products will help. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #5
LadyHeather
Sparkling Beauty

I have rosacea and dry, flakey patches. Oils I love for daytime are wheatgerm, almond, rice bran, and apricot kernel. I like rosehip as well but you said that didn't work for you, OP. I use almond as a body oil, too, with a 1ml vial of perfume oil from Make Me Smooth or BPAL thrown in to fragrance it.

One of the best creams I have ever used was home made by my boss, infused with nettle and calendula. You could try infusing those in an oil.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #6
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

My apricot kernel oil arrived today! (along with some shea butter, it's potion making time!)

I already like it, it doesn't look or feel greasy at all when I apply it. I expected it to take a minute or two to soak in, but it looked and felt fine almost instantly. let's hope it does nice things for my skin in the long term too!
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #7
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydana
My apricot kernel oil arrived today! (along with some shea butter, it's potion making time!)

I already like it, it doesn't look or feel greasy at all when I apply it. I expected it to take a minute or two to soak in, but it looked and felt fine almost instantly. let's hope it does nice things for my skin in the long term too!

Please post your recipe! I was using a little raw shea with a smaller tiny amount of coconut oil on my face but it seemed to break me out a little. I was also trying OCM with castor and jojoba oil. I started this in November and I just now stopped. I have never had acne problems before and I decided to go with derma-e products because my own mixes werent working at all. I am interested in your recipe to see if I would like to try it though. Maybe yours will work.

The derma-e products do seem pretty chemical free for a product that you buy and not make-if that makes sense. I hope they work well because I am a big fan of anti-aging products and only stopped Cindy Crawfords meaningful beauty because of the chemicals in it. But boy did it work! I swear it reversed the age of my skin and it saddened me to stop using it but the chemicals and parabens in it arent good at all-dang!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #8
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyghost
Please post your recipe! I was using a little raw shea with a smaller tiny amount of coconut oil on my face but it seemed to break me out a little. I was also trying OCM with castor and jojoba oil. I started this in November and I just now stopped. I have never had acne problems before and I decided to go with derma-e products because my own mixes werent working at all. I am interested in your recipe to see if I would like to try it though. Maybe yours will work.

The derma-e products do seem pretty chemical free for a product that you buy and not make-if that makes sense. I hope they work well because I am a big fan of anti-aging products and only stopped Cindy Crawfords meaningful beauty because of the chemicals in it. But boy did it work! I swear it reversed the age of my skin and it saddened me to stop using it but the chemicals and parabens in it arent good at all-dang!

No potions for my face, the potion making is for body butters. For my face I'm just using the apricot kernel oil for day, and plain shea butter at night. I wouldn't put coconut oil near my face, I'm far too breakout prone for something that comedogenic.
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #9
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Kaydana - hows the apricot oil going for ya? Im trying to decide between that and jojoba. Jojoba hates my hair but in my face creams its been ok so i figured it might be worth a try. Havent gotten to the healthfood store yet been to col to go out much.

Old January 14th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #10
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

Natalia - It's working really nicely! My skin seems to be a big fan of the new routine, it looks better now than it has in years. The apricot oil still soaks in really quickly without looking or feeling greasy, so all is good right now!