Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM   #1
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

Default Favourite Ingredients for Homemade Body Butters

I've decided that this year I'm going to use up or get rid of the box of various lotions and creams and butters I have lying around and start making my own.

I've found lots of recipes, too many, and now I can't decide which oils to use to make it. If anyone here makes there own and has preferences towards particular oils (both the solid and liquid ones, I've researched myself into confusion) I'd really appreciate some opinions.
Kaydana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:52 PM   #2
CaityBear
Natural Beauty

I like coconut oil in body butter partially just because it helps make the texture really nice. lol I can't really give much advice though. I haven't made too many body butters (still in the process of using up the butters and lotions that I have)
CaityBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #3
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

i like cocoa butter and coconut oil in mine. I have a latex sensitivity so i cant use shea on that big a scale but i dont mind as it tends to get grainy when it gets to warm and im in so-cal so that happens alot. kpnagn butter is nice and lower in latex still gets grainy but not as bad as shea.

I tend to make mine more salvish than butterish because im too lazy to sanitize the mixer .

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

I went for shea butter (it was cheaper than the cocoa butter and I don't have a latex allergy or live in a hot place, so no issues there. From what I've read it is is good for eczema and I'm always willing to try new things to fix that) and coconut oil (which I already had) with apricot kernel oil for the liquid part of it because it's nice and light and I was going to order it anyway so it kept the order nice and small. Whipped it all up together and I already love it! Feels really rich and creamy.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #5
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Thats great! Your making me envious i havent whipped anything up in a while im getting the itch....

Old January 10th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #6
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

I've decided the trick is to mix up a really small amount so I'll run out quickly and get to make more! There's nothing I love more than mixing up some potion or other, and if this turns out to be better for my skin than stuff I can buy (which I strongly suspect it will, the eczema patches are starting to feel better already and I've only been using the shea butter for 24 hours), then I think I might have found the perfect solution!
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #7
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydana
I've decided the trick is to mix up a really small amount so I'll run out quickly and get to make more! There's nothing I love more than mixing up some potion or other, and if this turns out to be better for my skin than stuff I can buy (which I strongly suspect it will, the eczema patches are starting to feel better already and I've only been using the shea butter for 24 hours), then I think I might have found the perfect solution!

Yay! Isnt tinkering awesome?

Old January 11th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #8
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

I have some mango butter to use up, which has a similar profile to shea....maybe I need to whip it up with a lighter oil lol.
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote