Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #21
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

Went to the two proper accessorize shops in town too, neither of them had pink spice perhaps I should give up the hunt now, because it seems every time I go looking for it I buy something else instead. As gorgeous as the fantasy fire is, my nail polish draw simply can't hold much more and my collection is nearing 200...
Kaydana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #22
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

too bad i feel the same way though. This week is my last free week after that i am instituting a 3 day rule on purhases most importantly polish. Im waiting till next week since the zoya sale was this week and i pre-ordered some cg boheimians off ebay im waiting to come back in stock. After that i need to chill were in the first week of the month and ive already spent abou $50 usd on polish! Granted 13 of that was on the two bottles of lava but im spending waaaay to much lately.

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #23
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

Take into account the exchange rate, and I'm probably not far behind you. It was money I was given for christmas though, with strict instructions to go out and spend it on things I want rather than putting it towards food or bills or the like, so I'm not too worried about the fact that I actually did what I was told. I'm more worried about my collection getting too big for its current storage solution! I'd have to start picking favourites!
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #24
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydana
Take into account the exchange rate, and I'm probably not far behind you. It was money I was given for christmas though, with strict instructions to go out and spend it on things I want rather than putting it towards food or bills or the like, so I'm not too worried about the fact that I actually did what I was told. I'm more worried about my collection getting too big for its current storage solution! I'd have to start picking favourites!

Lol we are such addicts i think we need a 12 step with the addition of a 13th that says relapse and repeat. My zoya order came out of a gift card with the same instructions as yours so i think it will be going to nail polish and tea! I havent gotten around to making any storage yet so they are still in little plush bags hopefully my 3 day rule will slow me down so i dont outgrow whatever i make in a hurry.

It will help my organization immensly when i get my hideaway cabinet upstairs but i cant move it alone so im waiting till my burly help is free to move furniture to get it in my room. It will be so nice to have a dedicated nail station.

Old January 7th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #25
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

3 day rule 3 day rule.....3 day rule gah i want spectraflare coarse grade top coat but must wait....

Old January 7th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #26
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia
3 day rule 3 day rule.....3 day rule gah i want spectraflare coarse grade top coat but must wait....

ok karma got me back for that one. I broke a nail squeezing out a tea bag of all things oh well i was supposed to file them down sunday anyway. I enjoyed having them long for a week but they werent practical. I as hoping to get to paint them at that length though it would have been impressive...

Old January 8th, 2013, 03:42 AM   #27
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

Oh no! I hate breaking nails. :/ I've learned to keep them at a certain length or I just break them.

Definitely addicts, but at least it's not a destructive addiction! So far it's actually working out quite well for me, because under normal circumstances I only allow myself to spend what I would otherwise spend on chocolate, and as I will always choose nail polish over chocolate I've lost a fair bit of weight thanks to this addiction!

Want to see a pretty picture? This is how my collection currently looks. (The side of the draw has cut off two more rows of polish, but you get the idea)

Old January 8th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #28
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydana
Oh no! I hate breaking nails. :/ I've learned to keep them at a certain length or I just break them.

Definitely addicts, but at least it's not a destructive addiction! So far it's actually working out quite well for me, because under normal circumstances I only allow myself to spend what I would otherwise spend on chocolate, and as I will always choose nail polish over chocolate I've lost a fair bit of weight thanks to this addiction!

Want to see a pretty picture? This is how my collection currently looks. (The side of the draw has cut off two more rows of polish, but you get the idea)

Me too i just let them be because of the holidays and i wasnt the one having to do all the work. Thankfully it didnt break too low so im back to just a tad sorter than my normal length. And very true its a pretty decent addiction to have as long as i keep it in check and my bank account doesnt complain. Lol who knew nail polish was good for weight loss . Great picture! I think another sign of addiction is that i can recognize sever colors from that pic without seeing the label lol.

Old January 10th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #29
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I have several new polishes, so far my favourite of the new ones is Gosh Fossil Grey. It seems to have the slightest tint of green in it and a kind of speckled look, though there are no sparkles and it is very even. Only took two coats too! So far it is lasting quite well. Big news I guess is that I finally bought a clear plastic container to hold all my nail-polishes, and as it is full Already Iexpect to have to buy another one
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #30
Kelli Kat
Dazzling Beauty

I just pre-ordered 3 of the Zoya Pixie Dust polishes. I hope they are as good as the OPI Liquid Sand polishes.

I was also gifted three very cool polishes 2 Gosh and 1 Bourjous by FrozenBritannia in the Winter Swap over at LHC. These are both brands we don't have around here and I'm looking forward to using them but I haven't gotten a chance yet.

So few fingers, so many polishes - sigh

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Join Date: Feb 2009[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Location: Arizona[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Age: 48[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Posts: 1,327 [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Length: shrt / APL / clsc [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Type: 1a / F/M / i/ii [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]iTrader: ([B][URL="http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/itrader.php?u=19844"][U][COLOR=#0000ff]2[/COLOR][/U][/URL][/B])[/FONT][/COLOR]
Kelli Kat is offline   Reply With Quote