Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 7th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #1
pursuitsdreams123
Untouched Beauty

Default This is a new routine I am doing

I was wondering if anyone has ever done this.I was kinda inspired by tatcha but it is too expensive(sample box in $50 is the cheapest and then the sky is the limit.).
When I wear makeup ,at I wash it off with coconut oil,then with a gentle cleanser and baking soda I gently exfoliate my face,toner,and night cream this is done at night.In the mornings I use gentle cleanser and baking soda, toner,eye cream,and sunscreen.When I am not wearing makeup I use it at night as well except sunscreen is night cream.
pursuitsdreams123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

How is it working for you? Have you been doing it long? Oil is great for removing makeup. I've even used mineral oil (I don't really like leaving MO on my skin but it worked fine for this purpose) - apply oil of choice, rub in well all over the face and remove with dampened cotton wool (warm water). It's slightly different to OCM which is a deeper cleanse. I guess you could use the Oil Cleansing Method afterwards if you wanted.

Just by coincidence I just read a tip on a blog about mixing baking soda with your regular cleanser as it's a gentle exfoliator. I never thought to do that myself, although I did wash my face once or twice with borax powder mixed to a paste and that worked really well too.
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #3
piratejenny
Untouched Beauty

I played with baking soda (both on face and hair) a while ago and I found it too drying. My face is pretty sensitive though. I recently read on some blog (Crunchy Betty I believe) that you can use freshly ground nutmeg instead. I haven't gotten around to trying that, tough

How long have you been doing this?
Old November 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #4
pursuitsdreams123
Untouched Beauty

My skin is dry so I mix the oil and baking soda as well as gentle cleanser together.So far it has not clogged my pores and it makes my skin super soft.My skin does not have acne but it is prone to getting clogged pore.Speaking of those clogged pores ,some of the ones on my forehead went away alot faster.
Old November 8th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #5
pursuitsdreams123
Untouched Beauty

It has been almost a week I have been using this routine.
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #6
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny
I played with baking soda (both on face and hair) a while ago and I found it too drying. My face is pretty sensitive though. I recently read on some blog (Crunchy Betty I believe) that you can use freshly ground nutmeg instead. I haven't gotten around to trying that, tough

How long have you been doing this?

I would be wary of using the nutmeg, for the simple reason that Injesting large amounts can make you high, though the high is said to be more flu-like than fun (haven't tried it). I would hope that similar effects would not be possible from it asbsorbing into the skin- but I know that that can happen with other naturally occuring drugs too. Obviously we've all been eating it in ginger cookies for years, but the amount used there is usually .5 of a tsp for a whole batch.
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #7
piratejenny
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia
I would be wary of using the nutmeg, for the simple reason that Injesting large amounts can make you high, though the high is said to be more flu-like than fun (haven't tried it). I would hope that similar effects would not be possible from it asbsorbing into the skin- but I know that that can happen with other naturally occuring drugs too. Obviously we've all been eating it in ginger cookies for years, but the amount used there is usually .5 of a tsp for a whole batch.

LOL, sounds interesting. I wonder how much one would have to eat . I quite like the taste of nutmeg in food (gratin and creamy sauces for pasta) and I have never noticed symptoms of any kind..

Here's the article I was referring to Nutmeg Microdermabrasion and Exfoliator
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #8
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

One of the many articles I read said buying it whole and grinding up three in a milkshake and waiting six hours for the buzz to kick in. But it seems a lot of people just went straight to the puking, hallucinating, part. LOL. Not my idea of a relaxation!

Interesting article though!!!
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #9
piratejenny
Untouched Beauty

OK, 3 whole nutmegs is certainly waaaaaaay more than I would consume in one setting. I use the whole ones and I think a baggie of 5 has lasted me all year... I'm too tired and lazy now, but I've just re-read the article and I think I will give this a shot tomorrow. Sounds too good to be true in a way .

My face completely freaked out this summer and I still haven't got it quite under control. I'm constantly lingering on the edge of itchy, dry eczema break-outs . The only thing that really works for the dryness seems to be straight vaseline. Unfortunately that immediately gives me clogged pores and acne. Lately raw honey masks, frequent OCM and a mix of aloe vera and jojoba oil have kept things better balanced than anything in the last months but I still get quite a few blackheads that I'd like to get rid off. I'll report