Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 7th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #1
afu
Sparkling Beauty

Default BioOil

Does anyone here use bio oil for their skin? If so how do you find it and what do you use it for?

I had some a few years ago for stretch marks (totally got rid of them), it was great. I've been considering using it as a facial moisturiser seeing as i can't seem to find a suitable moisturiser - any experiences using it on the face?
afu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #2
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

I tried it a couple of years ago but found it was too heavily scented - a bit lavender-y but slightly bitter in my opinion. Also, when I looked up the ingredients I realised the main component was mineral oil/paraffinum liquidum which put me off a bit. I used it as a bath oil in the end!

ETA: I'm now not as anti mineral-oil as I was then, and it worked fine as a body moisturiser - I just prefer putting vegetable/carrier oils on my face. So it's entirely up to you

Last edited by Aredhel77 : November 8th, 2012 at 05:18 AM.
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #3
Sylvestrix
Natural Beauty

I was so excited about trying Bio Oil for stretch marks, till I found out it was mainly mineral oil. I actually have no issue with mineral oil, but it has an issue with me- it breaks me out something awful. This is something I charmingly discovered when trying vaseline for the first time and waking up with spots on my lips. Ew. Needless to say, not risking it with Bio Oil, but I've heard it does amazing things! Just need to find an alternative for me! =D
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #4
afu
Sparkling Beauty

I was actually just about to look up the ingredients, seeing as they aren't on the bottle and my box went in the bin long ago. Thanks for letting me know about the mineral oil, I do normally try to avoid it. Maybe I'll just try adding more sweet almond oil to my face after OCM'ing
afu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #5
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by afu
I was actually just about to look up the ingredients, seeing as they aren't on the bottle and my box went in the bin long ago. Thanks for letting me know about the mineral oil, I do normally try to avoid it. Maybe I'll just try adding more sweet almond oil to my face after OCM'ing

Yeah, maybe see how you get on with that if it's an oil you use anyway. Your skin might like it, it's quite rich without being too heavy. Maybe make sure your skin is damp first to aid moisturisation, either with toner or floral water. I've mixed a bit of aloe with a drop or two of oil before and applied that to damp skin as a moisturiser - it works quite well.

It's a shame about the bio-oil, I think the name leads people into thinking it's a completely natural product. Well, I suppose mineral oil is natural - but you know what I mean. I have heard that keeping skin intensively moisturised is good to help scar healing, I wonder if this is why bio-oil is so successful as it (the mineral oil) would lock moisture into the skin. Just a thought.

Last edited by Aredhel77 : January 3rd, 2013 at 08:05 AM.
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote