Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 6th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #11
WaitingSoLong
Captivating Beauty

I am re-trying OCM with jojoba. Last time I used a combo but I think I need to stick with one thing at a time. I let it soak in before I applied my make-up today and it did help a bit. We will see if it helps my over-dry issue eventually and whether or not it aggravated my acne. I currently do not have any active acne, only some red spots from old blemishes.

Honestly, it is pure laziness why I stopped the OCM. It just takes too long. But I have moved my regime from evening to morning. I have more time to do long regimes by morning. Plus I want the moisture for under my make-up when I wear it. I have a cleanser and an acne foam I use at night.
WaitingSoLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #12
afu
Sparkling Beauty

I guess i need to work out what sets me off in the moisturisers, but i don't particularly want to do a tonne of experimenting. I don't think it's cones because my BB cream has plenty and my skin has never been better since using it. I use sweet almond oil in the evening as my OCM, maybe I should just try using some as a moisturiser instead of washing it all off.

FB how do you wash off your makeup? BB creams can be so difficult to get off properly, OCM is the only thing that works for me so it might be worth a try if you think your cleansing routine is breaking you out
afu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #13
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I have a makeup cleanser that a I use when I wear makeup, and if its not budging even with that then I use evoo. My skin loves evoo, but it is too heavy to use every day I find. I don't actually wear makeup every day usually though, so that works out okay.
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #14
LaFlor
Raw Beauty

I can't help with the moisturizing problem, but I just learned about using Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a face primer. It sounds really wierd, but there are tons of reviews for it online and it has the same ingredientes as the high end primers. I bought some the other day and have tried it 3 times so far with good results. My foundation looks a lot better.

I've recently started a new acne routine and my skin has been dry and flaky along with all the spots. I'm not sure if the primer and foundation are going to aggrivate it more, but I cannot stand to see my skin at the moment and I would rather hide it for now

It does sound like a lot of layers though now that I think about it... acne treatment, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sometimes powder to set it.... ugh!! I'd rather not think about it, lol.
LaFlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #15
afu
Sparkling Beauty

We don't get Monistat here, but thats an intereting fact!

I tried the primer today without makeup over the top and it did make my natural complexion look a lot better, much smoother

I wonder if the action of putting the makeup/BB cream over the top dislodges the primer at all/wipes it away? I apply my BB cream with a brush
afu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #16
LaFlor
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by afu
We don't get Monistat here, but thats an intereting fact!

I tried the primer today without makeup over the top and it did make my natural complexion look a lot better, much smoother

I wonder if the action of putting the makeup/BB cream over the top dislodges the primer at all/wipes it away? I apply my BB cream with a brush

I apply my foundation with a sponge and I dab it and pat it on instead of swiping. But most of the videos I see on youtube, they use brushes to apply makeup over their primer so it must be okay. I wonder if the primer needs to sit for a while though?

I'm so new to the primer thing as well
LaFlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #17
WaitingSoLong
Captivating Beauty

When I went with my sister to Merle Norman for a make-up demo, she did not wait at all between primer and foundation and she didn't blot but spread the foundation around with fingers, I think. It was the first time I had heard of using a primer. I wondered at the time if it was an unnecessary step. I am not all for the 5 layer face LOL.
Old November 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #18
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I always apply skin product with my fingers. I found using a sponge or brush laid it on too thick.
Old November 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #19
WaitingSoLong
Captivating Beauty

Frob, I always did in my younger years but could never get it on evenly. I apply mine with a sponge and then buff out the excess with my make-up towels. I have never heard of applying liquid foundation with a brush? Is that done? Seems like the brush would gunk up too fast.
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #20
Vanille_
Sparkling Beauty

I've seen girls use a brush with liquid foundation on youtube. I can't use a brush or sponge. Only my fingers. I just can't apply it evenly otherwise without it looking fake. I like the coverage my fingers give and I press my fingers to my face to warm it up. I have no idea what that means lol. I saw it in a video once, and now I do it.. I like it though.

I like eye primers when I'm doing dramatic eye makeup. It really does make a difference. I'm not big on adding a primer to my face though. But I'm lazy like that... I don't even use liquid foundation much anymore. Just mineral foundation.
[/CENTER]
Vanille_ is offline   Reply With Quote