Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 4th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #1
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Default Touch up question?

Ive re-enforced a manicure with a clear coat after the fact but im wondering will it ruin it if i add another coat of color? Im wearing a semi-sheer and dishes destroyed the tips of my right hand and i dont want to do another full mani yet. So if i can do another coat of color the increaased opacity should help hide the tip damage.

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #2
Kaelee
Natural Beauty

I do this on my toes sometimes. It does make the damage a lot less obvious. It will never look "right" but it'll get you a few more days of wear (maybe).

If your only other option is doing a full mani over again anyway, might as well try right?
Kaelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I can usually do this once. Twice makes the polish too thick and it usually starts peeling off. You have nothing to lose by giving it a try.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Thanks you two . I did try it and thus far ok i'll have to see how it fairs after a shower. Its not perfect but as long as no one looks too close it will do. I did a little experiment though i took my fine buffing block and thinned down the edge of the polish where it chipped so it wouldnt have such a big line through it on one hand so i'll see if that makes a differance later.

Didnt want to redo them especially with all the cooking i have planned. Might do a new mani monday or tuesday night. I feeling the teal right now...

Old November 5th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #5
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

If I need to touch up a mani, I use a buffer to gently buff and thin the edges of the worn/chipped areas, first. (Like Natalia does.) Then, I apply a little base coat to those areas only, let it set up then I apply however many coats I originally applied of the polish just to the chipped areas, letting the coats dry a minute or two in between. If the repair looks okay, I top coat and let it all dry and get on with it. If it still needs help, I do another coat of the polish on the entire nail, it is with Seche Vite and I am good to go for another day.

Touched up manis don't last long but they will get me through my day with dignity but they don't last long. I always end up changing my mani that night or the next day.
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #6
Carolyn
Aphrodite

Thanks for the tip on buffing down the edges of the cracked polish. I've always had a problem with that. Now I know what to do!

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #7
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermie Girl
If I need to touch up a mani, I use a buffer to gently buff and thin the edges of the worn/chipped areas, first. (Like Natalia does.) Then, I apply a little base coat to those areas only, let it set up then I apply however many coats I originally applied of the polish just to the chipped areas, letting the coats dry a minute or two in between. If the repair looks okay, I top coat and let it all dry and get on with it. If it still needs help, I do another coat of the polish on the entire nail, it is with Seche Vite and I am good to go for another day.

Touched up manis don't last long but they will get me through my day with dignity but they don't last long. I always end up changing my mani that night or the next day.

Best two tips ever! Next time i need to do this i'll do the clear coat too. I bet that evens out the polisheven better.