Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM   #1
Anywhere
Untouched Beauty

Default Fine hairs on face, and foundation

I have these fine hairs all over my face, I'm not sure if it's normal but surely at least one other person must have this problem on here, right?

They're usually not noticeable without makeup (at least I never really noticed mine) but with any sort of concealer or foundation they become incredibly noticeable, especially in the sunlight. I feel like none of the other women I see wearing makeup have this problem. I know that one of my old friends has fine hairs on her face too (once she waxed her sideburns and you could tell some of her fine face hairs were removed too) but when she wore makeup it was never noticeable.

Are there any sort of tricks to putting on makeup that wouldn't make them stand out so much (or should I go wax my face or something)?
Anywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:16 PM   #2
SerinaDaith
Untouched Beauty

Personally I wax my brows and upper lip since the hair is dark enough to be noticeable. I do not wax my fine hair since I fear it would come in darker and thus become more noticeable. I try very hard just to ignore them even though they do seem become more noticeable with some makeups. I use a pencil for my blemish patrols and cream under my eyes where I do not have hair. I use tinted moisturizer for foundation and powder which seems to keep my fluff less noticeable. Hope this helps!
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM   #3
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I have that problem too Anywhere.
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #4
afu
Sparkling Beauty

I have a peachy face! I have found that avoiding heavy and rich foundations is the key. Mineral and powder type foundations seem to look best, but their coverage can often not be as good if you have blemishes. I use the orange bottle Skin79 BB cream at the moment and find it is working well because of its matte finish - dewy finishes seem to make the tiny hairs stand out
afu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I have my face threaded and pluck like mad between threadings. I also have one of those little battery powered trimmer things. It's a battle to get rid of the unwanted hair. I'm too am very aware of how much the hair shows up with make up and I wear make up every day. It takes some daily work to keep it manageable. The closest threader place is a 3 hour drive, if I know I am going to be in that city I skip the plucking for a few days before I go. The threader girl really has her work cut out for her.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 06:47 AM   #6
WaitingSoLong
Captivating Beauty

sigh.

I shave my face. Almost all of it. I have tons of peach fuzz, especially on my upper lip that gives the effect of a mustache with make-up. I also have lots of out of place eyebrows so I shave a strip between my eyebrows and above my eyebrows, then basically everything a man would shave as well. I do it when I shave my legs, about once a week or less. MOST my hair is blonde or very fine but I do have some "whiskers" that I pluck religiously as soon as they break through. I hates them.
WaitingSoLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #7
LaFlor
Raw Beauty

I have the same problem. There is no way I'm going through the trouble of shaving or waxing, so I'm just living with it at the moment. I would also like to know how to avoid it looking more obvious under makeup!
LaFlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #8
WaitingSoLong
Captivating Beauty

Shaving is no trouble to me. Takes much less time than shaving my legs. All of about one minute. :shrug:
WaitingSoLong is offline   Reply With Quote