Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:27 AM   #1
SerinaDaith
Untouched Beauty

Undecided Acne & Wrinkles

Okay I am new here so I am sorry if this has already been started somewhere I tried to search for it but didn't find this specific topic anywhere. Please feel free to smack me with the links if there are any.

I have sensitive skin and issues with perfumes. I am starting to see wrinkles but I still get my 28 day cycle of acne. Everything I see for wrinkle care just seems to be acne food. I live in an arid climate so I need moisture without clogging my pores. Any thoughts?
Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:51 PM   #2
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I have found that if I use moisturizers with AHA, or Retinol A in them, they don't give me acne. Bonus is, they are often only found in anti-aging creams LOL. It is actually quite hard to track them down sometimes. I have found the garnier anti wrinkle cream in the red container has/had it and it worked well, though I only used it at night though they market it as a day cream. I also found it in the Lise watier cleanser though i believe they have changed it since I last bought it. I am almost out

I have sensitive skin and cannot handle strong scents, FWIW.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:43 PM   #3
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Do some research on OCM-oil cleansing method. I have been doing it for a week and love it. Even if you have acne its suppose to help it because its all natural oil which has no chemicals and many of the store bought or prescription soaps and acne skin care tends to strip your skin of its natural oils making your skin produce even more oil causing the acne. I have been blessed with a great complexion minus my rosacea. So I have no problems with ocm. But dh has acne prone skin and he is doing it too! He cant believe how great my skin looks so he is trying it. So far he is doing great.

Also look up essential oil and theraputic essential oils. The theraputic oils are suppose to work. They are of a higher quality and are used for so many wonderful things. Look up oils to help with acne and anti-aging. Off the top of my head I know carrot seed oil and frankencence, rosehip oil, nerolil oil, sea buckthorn oil, just to mention a few. Also hazel nut seed oil is not only great for anti-aging but for decreasing the puffy undereye bags! This one Im in great need of! My eyelids are so puffy its embarrasing.

I just google the heck out of everything I want to know about anti-aging, staying healthy, acne, and I just read all I can. If I come across anything else that I think will interest you I will let you know! Good luck.
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #4
SerinaDaith
Untouched Beauty

Thank you both! I will look into oil cleaning since it seems to make sense and I may already have oils that will work because of LHC. I will also look into the garnier anti wrinkle cream!
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #5
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

If you go for the OCM I recommend using warm cloths instead of hot, for wiping the oils from your face. I also suggest trying far less castor oil, if you even use it. I don't use it in my mix. I use Almond, jojoba and sometimes add a dash of EVOO. If I want a bit of aromatheraphy while I'm doing OCM I add a micro drop of Sweet Orange Oil (or Neroli, but it is expensive).
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #6
SerinaDaith
Untouched Beauty

Almond and other tree nuts are out for me, I am allergic everything else sounds lovely!
Old November 6th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #7
WaitingSoLong
Captivating Beauty

Jojoba is supposed to be good. Castor oil was too sticky for my liking.
WaitingSoLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #8
SerinaDaith
Untouched Beauty

I will definitely look into Jojoba, I think I had gotten some ages ago for skin care and never had a reaction to it, castor oil is probably super fab but I don't know if I could handle it.
Old November 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #9
pursuitsdreams123
Untouched Beauty

hey I use to have pimples all over my face.I got facials and it was a miracle.It took about several facials because my skin did purge the first month but after the second month your skin will be almost clear.
pursuitsdreams123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #10
SerinaDaith
Untouched Beauty

I can't afford facials at the moment so as lovely as that sounds I just can't do it.