Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #31
afu
Sparkling Beauty

I wear my BB cream when im working and just a moisturiser on days off, seeing as i rarely see anyone except family on my days off at the moment. I don't feel like I need a break with BB cream though, i could probably wear it daily without negative effects
afu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #32
Sylvestrix
Natural Beauty

I use Garniers (which I have been informed multiple times is not a true BB, but, eh!) but mainly because I got the tube for nothing. I never wear foundation or anything of the like on my face, aside from occasions when I know people are going to insist on taking my photograph and plastering it all over the internet- I've only tried one foundation, and it made me look very... fakey. The BB doesn't seem to do that as much provided I blend the crap out of it, so I'll stick with it for the moment, on those rare occasions that I feel the need to use it =]
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:54 AM   #33
afu
Sparkling Beauty

I know what you mean about foundation looking fakey, I've never been able to find one thats pale enough and doesn't look like a mask on me, ive always stuck to BB or tinted foundation if I need it
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #34
Sylvestrix
Natural Beauty

That's sort of the issue I have- I have the delightful combination of being very pale with shockingly red cheeks, so I'm fairly sure that pretty much anything I put over that charming mix isn't going to look very real- especially since I'd have to add white right off the bat!
Case in point? I went to get my make up done professionally for a wedding- after half an hour trying to match me, the MA started cursing vociferously and decided to just cover my cheeks in concealer. I was slightly afraid of my own face that day!
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #35
afu
Sparkling Beauty

haha, totally know where you are coming from, i'm another ultra pale face with some lovely bright red patches going on! I've never had my makeup done by anyone else, but i can't imagine id come out looking anything like 'me' if i did
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #36
Sylvestrix
Natural Beauty

It's a bit of an embuggerance! Especially when people try to 'comfort' me by telling me I look jolly. Yeah, thanks for that!
It's strange- I didn't lookbad, per say, with all that slap on my face, but I just didn't look anything like myself! Another good point towards BB's/tinted moisturisers- less 'mask-y' than other things!
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #37
Shell
Dazzling Beauty

afu, I think I've read that people pull the pump mechanism out to get the last bits when it stops pumping--so you could do that! And, thanks for the link.

Zombie, I think that the Missha 13 is one of the lightest BB Creams. I'm using BRTC Jasmine Water right now, and it's pretty light--more peach than grey/pink like Missha (I used the #21). The Skin 79 is pretty light; the Orange is supposed to be lighter than the Pink (I have that). Also, adding an extra layer will lighten it up. I have fair skin, not pale skin, and I need to be careful not to use more than one layer of I look ghostly!

As for Western BB creams, I agree, they do tend to be a lot like tinted moisturizers, and they feel dewy, which I'm not crazy about. I've noticed that a lot of girls use powder on theirs--so you could try that. Smashbox has a very nice, very light BB cream, and Nars has a nice TM that is very light.

SerinaDaith, I've also heard that it is a pH thing, and that some people are more susceptible than others. I don't tend to like foundation much--it breaks me out and feels heavy and thick. I do really like the BB cream though--I think that it looks and feels more natural, but it is hard to find a good color. Sigh. Let me know how you do with your BB cream experiments!
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #38
Shell
Dazzling Beauty

afu, part of what I like about BB cream is that it is supposed to be good for you! So, if you wanted to wear it everyday, it would be fine. However, it's nice to give your skin a break I think.

Sylvestrix, Well, you should use the product that makes you happy, regardless of what label people are giving it! I like the Stila BB cream, and lots of people are saying that it's not a "real" BB cream.

As for color and matching, I sympathize. I have fair skin, with a ton of red in it. It makes everyone try to give me foundation in two colors too dark--it ends up looking like a mask. BB cream is a huge help with the redness, and I think that's my favorite thing about it, and it doesn't look fake.

Sometimes I think that foundation makes me look fake too; this is why I prefer BB cream or TM.
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote