Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 26th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #1
biogirl87
Radiant Beauty

Default Glasses and make-up

Ladies, I'm hoping for some help/advice here. I'm just now approaching my mid-twenties and am still at the age when people experiment with make-up more. But I haven't really experimented with make-up since I started wearing make-up late in college (about five years ago) and I wear glasses almost all the time. I don't want this to stop me from experimenting with make-up to really find out what works for me and what doesn't. So, do you those of you who wear glasses play around with make-up and in what ways? Do you play around with eyeshadow, nail polish, or in other ways? Please share. Thank you.
Growing till BSL (for now)
biogirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Libbylou
Natural Beauty

I'm an old woman and I still like to play with makeup. I have only worn glasses the past few years. I usually wear lots of mascara so my eyes still stand out. Mineral foundation,blush that is also lip tint.
Libbylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Delila
Enticing Beauty

I do still play with makeup. Don't actually wear it much since my life is kind of in a stay-at-home-all-the-time rut, but when things get livelier I do like to play with eye makeup and look more refreshed.

I like using colors in eyeliner, it's possible to do it without it being garish or childish, so I really have fun with it. I like using shadow as a liner, the products they make to help with that really do work.

Day to day, though, nail polish is my one consistent habit. I seem to have revived my love of color lately, after a long stretch wearing nothing but reds, oranges, sheers, whites, even french manicures.

Today I'm wearing a nice robin's egg blue. May top it with some glitter later, but I can't make up my mind.
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #4
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

My problem is that I am so blind that I need my contacts to put my make-up on! Take yesterday for instance...my contacts really bothered me when I put them in so I had to take them out. I cant see far or close. If my face is right up on the mirror I can see a little but my face is on the mirror! So very hard to actually PUT my make up on. So I dont care how much my contacts are bothering me I have to put them in long enough to put my make-up on and then I take them out and put my glasses on.

If I were you I would put more make up on so it can be seen behind your glasses. I know quite a few women who wear glasses but I can see their make up and it looks great.
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #5
.Amanaka.
Raw Beauty

I wear glasses every day. It's weird, I realized recently that I don't like the way that my face looks when I am not wearing them.

Anyway, I tend to emphasize my lips and do a neutral eye most of the time, though there are times that I go for a colored shadow. My normal everyday eye look is the Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadow in Bad to the Bronze, and then a lot of mascara. It makes my eyes look defined, and really makes my blue eyes pop, but I don't feel 'overdone' when I put on red lipstick. Which I love. I'm a big fan of anything in the bronzy-beigey-taupey-brown family, but that may just be because I am boring and don't really know how to apply makeup, even though I spend my life watching beauty guru's on YouTube.
.Amanaka. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Angelistarr
Sparkling Beauty

If and when I wear makeup, I love emphasizing my eyes. I have a high prescription so my eyes tend to look chinky behind the glass. With my contacts ill wear some liner tho. With the glasses I emphasize my lips. I don't ever see my eye makeup being noticeable behind glasses so I tend not to bother

[SIZE="1"][B]2c/3a:MC:III
Current: maintaining APL (until after boot camp!)
Current Goal: WAIST!![/B][/SIZE]
Angelistarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #7
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

I wear glasses and eye makeup. I wear a bit more eye makeup when I am wearing my glasses and I have found that a little more smokey eye looks and liner are really helpful in making my eyes stand out a bit more when I have my glasses on. I always apply liner to my upper lash line and I normally tightline as well. That makes my lashes look thicker and helps my eyes stand out a bit more. Plenty of mascara helps, too. Well defined brows is always good.

The usual makeup rule (not that I am big on following beauty rules) is neutral eye, bold lip or bold eye, neutral lip. But with glasses, you can get away with more eye makeup and a bolder lip. Just be sure that they don't fight each other or your glasses.
Old October 27th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #8
biogirl87
Radiant Beauty

Thank you ladies for your replies. I kind of guessed a lot of would come down to playing around with nail polish. Normally for day makeup I like to go for the natural look which seemingly limits eye make-up choices (maybe I haven't played around with eye make-up to decide if colors look good on me and if they're not overpowering).

Lip color is one of those where bright or dark red lip stick doesn't look on me unless I really wet my lips a lot before applying it.
Growing till BSL (for now)
biogirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #9
LadyHeather
Sparkling Beauty

I usually do bold eyes or bright eyes, and neutral lips. I wear glasses all the time.

When I switch to bright red lipstick, I just use neutral/skintone eyeshadow with black liquid liner on the top lid, black kohl on the lower lid and black mascara on the top lashes.
Old October 30th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #10
JamieLeigh
Radiant Beauty

I'm another who wears glasses all the time. I have 2 pairs I alternate between with the same prescription - one with thick, dark plastic frames in tortoiseshell and one with thin, wire frames in dark purple - and I love eye makeup. I don't usually wear foundation or powder and I don't think I have ever worn rouge, but I do like eye makeup and tinted lip-gloss.

Like the others have said, I also do bold eyes and neutral lips. I like to save the heavy liners and darker eye makeup for when I'm wearing my plastic frames, as it can look like a bit much with the smaller wire frames.