Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 24th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #1
joflakes
Dazzling Beauty

Default De-stressing techniques

Hi all,

I have issues with not being able to de-stress at the moment and wondered if you all might be able to help?

I don't have much time on my hands to de-stress (which I'm working on, halfing my working hours in new job but not for a month)...what do you recommend?

At the moment I'm too tired for the gym or exercise (I walk a lot anyway)...

Thanks!
Jo

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Joined[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]October 13th 2011[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Post count[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]2300[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Hair improvement[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]Immense! [/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
joflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #2
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

I read on another thread that your shift work is messing with your sleep schedule--that can't be helped for the moment, but is probably part of the problem.

I sometimes have problems falling asleep and I do this stuff to get my mind off work:
1) Lie on your back and relax.
Start with your feet. Relax them until you can visualize them melting into a pool or sinking into the mattress. Take your time. Breathe evenly. Next do your ankles, knees, thighs, hips, lower back, upper back, shoulders, arms, hands, face. If at any time you feel tension returning to a body part, go back and re-do it. Take your time. Don't rush.

2) Count.
Visualize a big number 1. Put it an idyllic setting and make it super detailed: A huge, wooden number 1, in a forest with a little fairy door in the bottom of it. A fairy comes out and whistles for his unicorn. The unicorn scampers up with a beautiful pastel rainbow colored horn and minty green hooves. Keep on adding details until you're sick of it.
Visualize a number 2 and do the same thing: It's an iron 2, in the bottom of the black ocean. It's near a shipwreck and covered in barnacles and goo. There are flounders in the sand waiting for fishies to swim by... (I know flounders don't live in the deep ocean, but it's my imagination, so too bad!)

3) Alphabet game.
Pick a topic: boys' names, girls' names, cities, things at work, things you use for a hobby, things in the house, foods, animals....
A is for Atticus
B is for Bernard
C is for Cornelius...
--I picked boys' names that people don't use for their babies in this day and age.

Take your time with things. Don't do the stuff that "nothing bad will happen if this doesn't get done". Blow off the housework, but pay your bills. Do not allow other people to give you their stress. Try to spend time by yourself--or put on headphones to screen the rest of the world out.

Sorry for the super-long post. Hope you can relax and find some peace.
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:54 AM   #3
joflakes
Dazzling Beauty

That's really useful, thank you so much. I love the counting! Minty green hooves! I am imagining it now...thank you.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Joined[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]October 13th 2011[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Post count[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]2300[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Hair improvement[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]Immense! [/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
joflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

I like origami i need something that requires enough focus to get me out of my head. I have an app on my phone so all i need is to find a peice of paper or newsprint i can make into a square and im good to go. I do this tapping thing too first i tap my thumb against each finger and go back and forth (thumb pointer, thumb index, thumb ring finger, thumb pinky, then reverse) once i have that down i try to do each hand in opposite directions start one hand at the pinky and the other at the pointer THAT takes alot of concentration not to mess up lol. I also like worry stones/beads i am very tactile and not good with visualization.

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote