Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 30th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #21
clem_dela
Untouched Beauty

Rain, i always think it's so dumb when people try to tell me that lifting will make me look like a man... so silly.
clem_dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #22
Rain
Trampy Toes of the Month

I've had quite a few people warn me against bulking up. I was bulkier before! All those women I used to think of as "examples of women who lift weights" who have very low body fat and huuuuuge muscles and may not look traditionally feminine are also taking steroids. Women do not look like that naturally. We don't have the testosterone for it. Lifting heavy weight makes us strong and emphasizes our curves while protecting our bones, so we don't fall apart as we age. Win-win.
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #23
clem_dela
Untouched Beauty

Rain, I know, and almost everyone lives in ignorance of these facts. it's so annoying!
clem_dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:11 PM   #24
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

I love muscles-just love them and I have no fear of looking like a man. Its just not in our make-up. Unless I take steroids-which I would never!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #25
fridgee
Sparkling Beauty

I do a bit of lifting when I actually get round to exercising. I'd like more muscles, all my shape is fat even tho I'm thin if that makes sense. I think a healthily muscled woman looks great because they are healthy. I do it alongside a DVD, I find it easier to follow along and know the appropriate number of reps that way. I've tried doing on my own but I either push myself too far, give up too easily or run out of motivation after a few times. Anyone got any suggestions for good weights DVDs? Most DVDs seems more cardio or Pilates/yoga orientated.

[CENTER]Come over to the nerd side... we have pi [/CENTER]
fridgee is offline   Reply With Quote