Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 18th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #1
hermosamendoza
Untouched Beauty

Default Any IEers out there? (Intuitive eating)

I've been intuitively eating since august of this year and was wondering if anyone else does too? Only IE book I've read so far is the third edition of Intuitve Eating by Tribole and Resch but I know there are plenty of other books out there.
The ten principles - found and explained on their website - are:
1. Reject the Diet Mentality
2. Honor Your Hunger
3. Make Peace with Food
4. Challenge the Food Police
5. Respect Your Fullness
6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor
7. Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food
8. Respect Your Body
9. Exercise--Feel the Difference
10 Honor Your Health

It took me a month to work my way through the book and until recently it finally *clicked* and I got my "Aha moment" as they call it to completely understand it or have my epiphany.

Not posting this to get people away from this site just looking for some other non-dieters out there
hermosamendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 11:17 PM   #2
owlathena
Sparkling Beauty

I consider myself an intuitive eater. I don't count calories or limit myself from eating acceptable amounts of goodies on occasion, I just do what my body tells me to. I eat when I'm hungry, I try not to when I'm not, and I eat things that make my body feel good, which is mostly fresh produce, beans, and whole grains, but also the occasional cookie. I'm vegan, which I think helps, but still I haven't always had such a good relationship with food. I think that it really "clicked" for me when I went raw for two months last year. I had to pay extra attention to what I was eating, including what the food I was eating did for me nutritionally, how it made me feel, etc. and the habits I got into during that time have stuck with me. Since then I've lost a few pounds and feel better over all.
owlathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #3
Delila
Enticing Beauty

I guess I am one, left to my own devices. Moved in with dad some years back and became his food preparer, so I'm working with food all day and kinda lost touch with my self-knowledge where food/hunger are concerned.

For me, taking a nice long break between my evening meal and the first meal of the next day seems to help regulate my appetite, so all the endless snacking I used to do is on the wane, and I've actually lost some of this 'where'd it come from' weight.

I'm sleeping better too, which is actually my favorite part of the whole thing.
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote