Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 16th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Default Print Leggings?

Ok i know fashion varies alot my personal taste but im going to throw it out there. Are printed/patterned leggings too tacky? I made a pattern for leggings (im small and tall leggings never fit right) and when i went to joanns today to look at fabric several rayon/spandex prints called to me. They didnt have much in plain just black, a bright red, and grey i already have black and grey leggings and i dont care for that color red sooo....

The one i like the best are black with big purple butterflies ! Wish i had taken a pic now. But in general if i am wearing solid tops/dresses are print leggings ok? I would love to find a houndstooth :eyebrows:

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #2
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

Why not? You're young! Go with it! (Not that a 60+ woman couldn't pull it off, because some definately could, but almost any girl in her 20's would look great with printed leggings, IHMO.)

I think with a solid colored dress/skirt and knee boots, print leggings would look quite conservative, because only a little bit would peek out, and not much else is going on in your outfit. Also, I'd either wear print leggings, or lacey leggings, or sparkley leggings, but NOT all in the same legging--I think that would look crazy.

--I have colored tights that I wear in the winter with solid, neutral colors. I'm quite the traffic-stopper in my brown courderoy skirt, chunky sweater, and teal leggings!
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsusan
Why not? You're young! Go with it! (Not that a 60+ woman couldn't pull it off, because some definately could, but almost any girl in her 20's would look great with printed leggings, IHMO.)

I think with a solid colored dress/skirt and knee boots, print leggings would look quite conservative, because only a little bit would peek out, and not much else is going on in your outfit. Also, I'd either wear print leggings, or lacey leggings, or sparkley leggings, but NOT all in the same legging--I think that would look crazy.

--I have colored tights that I wear in the winter with solid, neutral colors. I'm quite the traffic-stopper in my brown courderoy skirt, chunky sweater, and teal leggings!

Thank you now to find knee high boots.... I have fleece lined tights much like your leggings dont get much occasion to wear them right now though as we have had 85F average.

Old October 17th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #4
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I like print leggings. The one thing I would say is just make sure your top is long enough to at least cover your butt. Print on the butt is generally not a pretty thing no matter how small the butt. If it's too warm for boots, you could do ballet flats. I love that look. I think it's more feminine than boots. I was thinking of ordering some black and white print leggings and I'm neither young or tiny. I would wear them with black ballet flats and a mid thigh length black swingy top.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn
I like print leggings. The one thing I would say is just make sure your top is long enough to at least cover your butt. Print on the butt is generally not a pretty thing no matter how small the butt. If it's too warm for boots, you could do ballet flats. I love that look. I think it's more feminine than boots. I was thinking of ordering some black and white print leggings and I'm neither young or tiny. I would wear them with black ballet flats and a mid thigh length black swingy top.

Oh yes even around the house the but must be covered. Tights/leggings are not pants lol! My feet arent so agreeable to flats but im a bit afraid wearing heels with leggings and end up looking like the beggining of pretty woman . I have some small wedges that may be good though.

Old October 17th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Carolyn
Aphrodite

I think a low wedge would be good too. It's all about balance and proportion.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #7
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

oopsie! The whole world doesn't have weather like the midwest?!
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #8
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsusan
oopsie! The whole world doesn't have weather like the midwest?!

Hahahaha well right now so-cal is living up to its sunny reputation

Old October 18th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #9
Carolyn
Aphrodite

I'd be really glad to share crappy midwest weather will my friends in California!

Old October 18th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #10
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I have moose antler print leggings. lol. Start making the horny pants jokes now...