Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Natalia
Elegant Beauty
 
Natalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 2009
Location: Southern California
Age: 28
Posts: 577
Default Print Leggings?

Ok i know fashion varies alot my personal taste but im going to throw it out there. Are printed/patterned leggings too tacky? I made a pattern for leggings (im small and tall leggings never fit right) and when i went to joanns today to look at fabric several rayon/spandex prints called to me. They didnt have much in plain just black, a bright red, and grey i already have black and grey leggings and i dont care for that color red sooo....

The one i like the best are black with big purple butterflies ! Wish i had taken a pic now. But in general if i am wearing solid tops/dresses are print leggings ok? I would love to find a houndstooth :eyebrows:
__________________
Member of LHC since March 30th, 2009 Post count as of 12/31/12 - 3,939

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #2
browneyedsusan
natural beauty
 
browneyedsusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 2012
Location: Indiana
Age: 51
Posts: 153
Default

Why not? You're young! Go with it! (Not that a 60+ woman couldn't pull it off, because some definately could, but almost any girl in her 20's would look great with printed leggings, IHMO.)

I think with a solid colored dress/skirt and knee boots, print leggings would look quite conservative, because only a little bit would peek out, and not much else is going on in your outfit. Also, I'd either wear print leggings, or lacey leggings, or sparkley leggings, but NOT all in the same legging--I think that would look crazy.

--I have colored tights that I wear in the winter with solid, neutral colors. I'm quite the traffic-stopper in my brown courderoy skirt, chunky sweater, and teal leggings!
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Natalia
Elegant Beauty
 
Natalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 2009
Location: Southern California
Age: 28
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsusan
Why not? You're young! Go with it! (Not that a 60+ woman couldn't pull it off, because some definately could, but almost any girl in her 20's would look great with printed leggings, IHMO.)

I think with a solid colored dress/skirt and knee boots, print leggings would look quite conservative, because only a little bit would peek out, and not much else is going on in your outfit. Also, I'd either wear print leggings, or lacey leggings, or sparkley leggings, but NOT all in the same legging--I think that would look crazy.

--I have colored tights that I wear in the winter with solid, neutral colors. I'm quite the traffic-stopper in my brown courderoy skirt, chunky sweater, and teal leggings!

Thank you now to find knee high boots.... I have fleece lined tights much like your leggings dont get much occasion to wear them right now though as we have had 85F average.
__________________
Member of LHC since March 30th, 2009 Post count as of 12/31/12 - 3,939

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #4
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator
The Beauty Bottle Administrator
The Beauty Bottle Administrator
 
Carolyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,010
Default

I like print leggings. The one thing I would say is just make sure your top is long enough to at least cover your butt. Print on the butt is generally not a pretty thing no matter how small the butt. If it's too warm for boots, you could do ballet flats. I love that look. I think it's more feminine than boots. I was thinking of ordering some black and white print leggings and I'm neither young or tiny. I would wear them with black ballet flats and a mid thigh length black swingy top.
__________________
[COLOR=Sienna][B]Hair Products: [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Aveda, Kiehls, Garnier, and old formula White Rain for CO

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Natalia
Elegant Beauty
 
Natalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 2009
Location: Southern California
Age: 28
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn
I like print leggings. The one thing I would say is just make sure your top is long enough to at least cover your butt. Print on the butt is generally not a pretty thing no matter how small the butt. If it's too warm for boots, you could do ballet flats. I love that look. I think it's more feminine than boots. I was thinking of ordering some black and white print leggings and I'm neither young or tiny. I would wear them with black ballet flats and a mid thigh length black swingy top.

Oh yes even around the house the but must be covered. Tights/leggings are not pants lol! My feet arent so agreeable to flats but im a bit afraid wearing heels with leggings and end up looking like the beggining of pretty woman . I have some small wedges that may be good though.
__________________
Member of LHC since March 30th, 2009 Post count as of 12/31/12 - 3,939

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator
The Beauty Bottle Administrator
The Beauty Bottle Administrator
 
Carolyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,010
Default

I think a low wedge would be good too. It's all about balance and proportion.
__________________
[COLOR=Sienna][B]Hair Products: [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Aveda, Kiehls, Garnier, and old formula White Rain for CO

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #7
browneyedsusan
natural beauty
 
browneyedsusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 2012
Location: Indiana
Age: 51
Posts: 153
Default

oopsie! The whole world doesn't have weather like the midwest?!
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #8
Natalia
Elegant Beauty
 
Natalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 2009
Location: Southern California
Age: 28
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsusan
oopsie! The whole world doesn't have weather like the midwest?!

Hahahaha well right now so-cal is living up to its sunny reputation
__________________
Member of LHC since March 30th, 2009 Post count as of 12/31/12 - 3,939

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #9
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator
The Beauty Bottle Administrator
The Beauty Bottle Administrator
 
Carolyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,010
Default

I'd be really glad to share crappy midwest weather will my friends in California!
__________________
[COLOR=Sienna][B]Hair Products: [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Aveda, Kiehls, Garnier, and old formula White Rain for CO

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #10
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty
 
FrozenBritannia's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 2012
Location: The land of far, far, away
Age: 32
Posts: 509
Default

I have moose antler print leggings. lol. Start making the horny pants jokes now...
__________________
LHC Member since Sep 2011, 2,919 posts and counting!
FrozenBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin.
© 2015 The Beauty Bottle, LLC