Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 12th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #1
gossamer
Natural Beauty

Cool Shoe collection size?

I'm down to three pairs of shoes thanks to my recent move and thinking about adding another one or two pairs.

What I have:
1 pair black pumps (3.5" heels)
1 pair black lace up ankle boots (3" heels)
1 pair everyday flats (navy, and unfortunately bleach stained now)

I need something in between the high heels and the embarrassing looking flats - what would you suggest?

Alternately, if you had to pare down your shoes to only 4-5 pairs, what would you do?

Finally, if you're one of those people with only one or two pairs of shoes - how do you make them work for both daily wear and nicer events?
gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #2
JamieLeigh
Radiant Beauty

What about a mule that's got a little bit of a heel (like 1.5")? Like this. Maybe in a dark brown suede or leather that would go well with jeans?

Ohhhh, goodness. If I had to get rid of them all but a few, I would feel a bit panicky. I adore shoes and I have sooo many pairs. I swear that I do wear them all at least once a year.

I do have a few that are in more regular rotation than the rest, so I suppose I would vote to keep those. Here is what I would likely pare it down to:

~ pair of running shoes/trainers, because I try to exercise as often as I can

~ pair of flip flops or sandals, because I live in the DEEEEP South and it's hot for 5/6 of the year.

~ pair of boots, preferably with at least a 2" heel because most of my jeans and slacks are long. Probably would be black.

~ pair of slip ons/mules (not crocs!! lol) because I do want something that I can just step into when it's convenient. If the boots are black, these would probably be brown and very like what I linked above.

~ pair of dressy heels, at least 3", for special occasions. Probably black.
JamieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I would need black ballet flats, several pairs of sandals, at least a couple pairs of slides, and at least 2 types of walking shoes. I couldn't go away for overnight with only 3 pairs of shoes.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #4
gossamer
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn
I couldn't go away for overnight with only 3 pairs of shoes.

Overnight? I'm away for a year! I miss my shoes!
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #5
gossamer
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLeigh
What about a mule that's got a little bit of a heel (like 1.5")? Like this. Maybe in a dark brown suede or leather that would go well with jeans?

That's not a bad idea! Those mules are adorable.

But I wear a lot of skirts/dresses (and black, often), so I need something that would go well with them too. That might be a second pair, bringing my grand total to 5.

SO & I are possibly going shoe shopping tomorrow (he needs running shoes) so I'll be on the lookout. If I buy anything, I promise to share!
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #6
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

Oh gosh... 4-5 pairs? I'd probably spend a while ranting about how my entire shoe collection is worth less than what most people would spend on 4-5 pairs and therefore I should be allowed to keep them all, then break down and cry.

Perhaps a really nice pair of flat black ballet style shoes? You can get some really lovely ones with a proper sole (very slightly higher under the heel like real shoes, rather than the really thin, totally flat ones) that are super comfy and look lovely with skirts.
Kaydana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #7
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I have many pairs, but not as many as I used to.

I currently use my leather boots (that zip up the back and have a one inch heel) most, followed by my clarks shoes. I don't have running shoes because they are too heavy for me. I have several pairs of heels which mostly haven't been worn sine I injured my knee, and I also have several pairs of knee high boots, both heeled and not. And winter boots too.

If I could only take a few pairs, I would bring my brown heeled boots, my leather boots, my clarks, and my fly london tango shoes that I have had for years and which are sooo comfy now. (Four inch heels :eyebrows

My leather boots can be worn with pants, skirts, dresses, and so can the clarks, both are nice enough for almost any occasion. The heeled boots are great for skirts and dresses on rainy days etc, and the heels would be for those occasions where the others aren't suitable.
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #8
gossamer
Natural Beauty

Yes, I think I need a pair of more versatile boots. The heel is fine on these at 3", but they don't go on quickly because they lace instead of zip.

And thanks for reminding me I need something waterproof! The rainy season is supposedly starting soon.

Hmm, it looks like I need a pair of lowish heels that go on easily and one pair of rain boots.
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #9
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

You can get rainboots with a wedge heel now, just fyi *angelic face*
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #10
gossamer
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia
You can get rainboots with a wedge heel now, just fyi *angelic face*

I'd love something like that - now the trick is to find it here.