Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 11th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #11
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

You know i saw pure ice in so many nail blogs i thought it was a beauty supply brand since id never seen it who knew it was a walmat find! Our walmart is almost a half hour away so i dont think i'll be there soon but now i know where to get the great colors i see. Im getting into the duohollographics now
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #12
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I saw tooooo many colors I liked that last polish shopping spree I went on. So I picked what jumped out at me that I didn't already have . The Cheatin I got to go with my OPI Coconut Kiss.
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #13
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreen
I saw tooooo many colors I liked that last polish shopping spree I went on. So I picked what jumped out at me that I didn't already have . The Cheatin I got to go with my OPI Coconut Kiss.

Yup that happened to me today so i stuck to only getting ones i had immediate plans for like galaxy nails but well i slipped on the cg because it was on clearance and ive never had a cg before . Didnt know the trick to the bright polishes was a white base! Now that i know i think i will love the ones i have even more. I have sponges galore so when i have time i'll experiment and take pics.
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #14
Carolyn
Aphrodite

I've always liked Sally Hansen and I've recently discovered Essie. Essie has some really nice colors. Locally, I just have the dreaded WM and Walgreens for shopping choices. When I go out of town I tend to go kind of nuts at Sallys and ULTA.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #15
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn
I've always liked Sally Hansen and I've recently discovered Essie. Essie has some really nice colors. Locally, I just have the dreaded WM and Walgreens for shopping choices. When I go out of town I tend to go kind of nuts at Sallys and ULTA.

I have a few of the sally hansen diamind collection two very old one i bought earlier this year. I havent bought essie because the two times ive used it once at a salon once at a friends it chipped like mad. Its so popular and i love their selection but im wary now. I feel pretty luck for being in a small town we have two targets, a rite aid, a cvs, and a sally's. We used to have another beauty supply i loved but it closed down this year . If i want to drive 15 - 30 minutes into the next town we have a wal-mart, another sally's, and a walgreens. For now i have to drive 45 min to an ulta or sephora but the next town is getting an ulta this year!
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #16
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

While I was surfing around Walgreen's looking at polish I checked out some Sally Hansens and they are almost nine dollars. WTF? I can get OPI for less. Orly for less. SH is getting a little big for their britches. Nice polish but they are drugstore...

Essie drives me crazy. I love their colours and am drawn to their collections every season. And I buy some and except for a few notable exceptions have been very disappointed with the formula. I have so much trouble with Essie, it streaks, drags, bubbles. Some are so slow to dry, too. Gah!
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #17
Carolyn
Aphrodite

Pretty colors and no streaks or bubbles shouldn't be too much to ask of a polish! Natalia, it's so hard not to go nuts with buying new polishes when I can get to an ULTA or Sephora.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #18
Dovetail
Raw Beauty

Oh Man, I wish I could find OPI for sale somewhere at a salon around here just because I want their gittery mocha color *-* (do they sell OPI at sally's Beauty store? we have one on the other side of town, but Im sure I can find an excuse to go there)

I have quite a few Sinful colors, and a nice crackle I got at walgreens. I also have a pretty Mint green Sally H. I got a SUPER sparkley Essie the other day too <3 I have a lot of wet & wild, but I just hate how they chip pretty much right away. Justy, I think China Glaze should count because I have a few of them and I only shop at stores and not salons, so you must be able to get it somewhere

While at walgreens I saw some totally pretty looking "galaxy" type of polishes that have a base on one side and then a super pretty polish on the other, but they were like $9 and I'm cheap~ It seems like Essie so far has lasted a lot long than all my other polishes. I don't know if it's because it's a glitter, or because it's a better quality. (excuse to buy more nail polish to "test" my theory? YES!!)

[CENTER][COLOR=purple][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img26/7744/sleepingtotorofreeiconb.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR=purple] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=purple]

[/COLOR]
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #19
Delila
Enticing Beauty

Dovetail, OPI is not available at Sally's, but Orly, China Glaze, Finger Paints, Nina Ultra Pro, and Sally Girl are. (There may well be another brand, but my mind's not letting me remember it. Savvy? Sally's in my area seem to have revamped their polish offerings, and I can't recall if this other brand is still there.)

I really do wish OPI were available more easily, online and IRL. Such a pain to have to hunt it down.
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #20
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

I'm still waiting to hear from our member here that did our OPI Group Orders. I think her real life has her swamped so it might not be a good idea. I'm checking right now to see if my stylist can get OPI through her two beauty houses.