Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 11th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #1
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Default Drug Store Polish?

Inspired by the makeup thread what are your favorite drug stoe polishes and why?

Me i dont have much of a collection yet and most of those are opi so that doesnt count. But i do like nyc in a minute colors the grey i think is called sidewalker and the blue pier 17 are the ones i reach for the most oh and the silver glitter. To be honest the first time i wore the grey my secret crush noticed and liked it so when i wear that one i know i will get a compliment and i'll take whatever i can get!

I like them because they dry so fast i can do my nails before bed and not smudge. I am hard on my nails and they last as well as revlon and the like for under $2.

When i was much younger i had this sinful color i loved and know that i know where to find it again i want to buy some!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #2
Princess Kitti
Untouched Beauty

I like Sinful Colours too, haven't been able to find them lately so I've been buying BYS. Both brands dry pretty quick and are inexpensive, plus they come in lots of pretty colours
Princess Kitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #3
gossamer
Natural Beauty

Sinful Colors were available at my local Walgreens when I lived in America. Often on sale too!
gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Princess Kitti
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer
Sinful Colors were available at my local Walgreens when I lived in America. Often on sale too!

I'm in Australia, and I've only found one chain of chemists that stocks them
Princess Kitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Angelistarr
Sparkling Beauty

I really don't have a favorite polish but I do like several colors. I phase between colors I live. Morally it's a shade of pink or blue. I'd wear grey colors but the colors my mom has in her market, err, I mean collection, doesn't have grey

[SIZE="1"][B]2c/3a:MC:III
Current: maintaining APL (until after boot camp!)
Current Goal: WAIST!![/B][/SIZE]
Angelistarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

I love Sinful Colors, I have a pretty huge collection of Sinfuls. Sally Hansen is good, the X-Treme Wear line is really great, in fact if you want a STUNNING cerulean blue, get Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear in Pacific Blue, it is fabulous. Here is a swatch. I also like their Complete Salon Manicure line. Well, I did... They are revamping it. I hope that they don't muck it up!

Rimmel Lasting Pro is terrific polish, sadly, the colour selection isn't huge. But the ones that are available are lovely.

Revlon ColorStay line is great, but stay away from the really pale crellys, they have streaky formulas. I love the regular Revlon line and the Top Speed, tho every now and again I get a clunker. (That happens with every brand, tho.)

Milani is nice, at least their glitters are. I haven't tried their regular polishes but I love their glitters.

Wet-N-Wild (and their offshoots Spoiled and Fergie) have terrific formulas but their brushes are a frakking nightmare. I am not buying any Wet-N-Wild polishes (except for LE holiday collections) until they fix their brush situation. :P
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #7
Delila
Enticing Beauty

L'Oreal and Milani are my drugstore favorites. They've both got good core collections, and the limited edition displays are a lot of fun.

I've really been impressed with L'Oreal's recent revamp of their line, they've really stepped up their game. If I were new to polish, I'd definitely consider them a great source for interesting colors.

Where I live, CVS has a rather limited (and aging) collection of Orly polish which hasn't been updated in a while, so I don't count them among my drugstore polish sources. They have good French Manicure colors, though, and I do generally like their treatment products.

Revlon's just don't work well for me, they never have. Wish I'd known that when I was younger, I could have avoided quite lot of misery wasting my allowance on polishes that didn't wear well. (These resentful memories date back the the time in my life when I had an allowance, not that I'm dwelling on it. ) Vixen's a good color, I just don't wear it often.
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

I went a bit nuts on polish today i bought 3 sinfuls at target and a base a top and a crackle at the beauty supply yay for crackle clearance. In the sinful i got the plain white so i can have a base for neons and sheers the irridecant green and the irridecant blue. I already have a nyc pink so i see galaxy nails in my future!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #9
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Essie's available at Walgreens around me and is my favorite brand. I (think I) have rather large nail beds, so I shy away from bold colors and stick with neutrals. My best friend makes fun of me for having a dozen shades of beige, a dozen shades of pink, and a dozen shades of white (I argue that it's a dozen different opacities of white, however). I also have a love affair with their few glitters and buy them but, honestly, don't wear them.

I've used Revlon (it's decent), L'Oreal (decent), Sally Hansen (again, decent), but Essie has the staying power and lasting shine on my nothing-stays-adhered nails.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #10
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

I have a collection of Sinful, and Sally Hansen. Does China Glaze count, because I have a butt load of CG colors! OPI, I know doesn't count, but I have tons of those. Thanks to CND Stickey, almost anything stays for at least five days. With OPI I can get 7-8 days with minor touch ups. Polish stays on my toes for four weeks, longer if it's longer between salon visits.

I'd forgotten about some new polishes I've picked up, Pure Ice. I've got Outrageous and Cheatin.