Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 14th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #21
biogirl87
Radiant Beauty

Indigo Girl, I think I will start my blog sometime this week. Just need to find the time to do so and figure out how to get it so that you'll be to read it.
Growing till BSL (for now)
biogirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #22
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Sad

When I finally create my blog everyone can read it! I just wouldnt want anyone I know, co-workes and family members, knowing its me. Like if someone from work wanted to join TBB I would never tell them my name on here. Only because I want to be able to share things with members on here without having to worry about it getting around my small little town-and trust me it would!

And I would definately read everyones blog on here-if you let me!

One thing I had a problem with on LHC is I would comment on someones blog and then not be able to find that blog again. Even now on some of the threads here I will forget where I commented and then I feel awful if someone responded to my post and I didnt reply.

Girlcat36-do you use straight shea butter around your eyes? Or do you mix it with something? I am right on your heels age wise, Im 45, and some people have thought I was my sons girlfriend and my other sons sister! Call me vain but I like that! However I do see some signs of crowsfeet creeping in a litle so if you wouldnt mind sharing some of your all natural goodies with me-Id love it!

Im currently looking for something for my eyes-firmness, anti-aging, and puffiness! That one is a tuffie. I have only come across a few things for the puffiness and under eye bag issue I have. I have heard of mixing coffe grounds with something that I cannot remember and putting black tea bags on my eyes. I dont mind trying these but I need something quick! I get up at 3:50am for work so I dont have time to lay on my back with tea bags on my eyes. I cant try it on the weekend but I need something quick and something that I can use daily. Even if it will take some time to work. I also would love a natural moisturizer and toner. For toner Im thinking of getting witch hazel. This sounds really good to me and I think there are a couple varieites. I would also love something to even out skin tone. As anti-aging concous as I am I tan in the summer. Every year I try not to and this past year I lasted the longest yet without it until I turned orange from the sunless tanner. Then I was so embarrased at the orangeness that I drove straight to the tanning bed! Im still going to try again next year and I have the whole winter to find something and plan out my no tanning mission! So I do have lovely sun spots on my face Oh and I also have rosacia! Good grief-I need to stop typing what I need because its beginning to depress me!

So Im not asking for too much huh?!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #23
biogirl87
Radiant Beauty

Spookyghost, I think that when I start my blog I'll make it public as well. From what other members have written on the question about blogs thread, it seems that people can't comment on blogs if they're made private. To me there's no point in having a blog if people can't comment on it. So for that reason I think I'll leave so that everyone on here who wants to will be able to read it.
Old October 19th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #24
AineMuirne
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia
If you like chemical exfoliants im a big fan of reviva 5% glycolic cream. I have very reactive skin and im on my second tub with no issues and much less acne.

I really need to try this. About to buy some. I wish it weren't so expensive!

Last year about this time my acne was mysteriously gone, but it started creeping back early this year. The littler bumps are going away, but now I'm left with more cysts than ever. GAH!

Before I actually order it, do you use 5% or 10%?
[/SIZE]
AineMuirne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #25
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AineMuirne
I really need to try this. About to buy some. I wish it weren't so expensive!

Last year about this time my acne was mysteriously gone, but it started creeping back early this year. The littler bumps are going away, but now I'm left with more cysts than ever. GAH!

Before I actually order it, do you use 5% or 10%?

I ordered it-the 5% kind. I havent gotten yet although it should be here soon. I cant wait! I will let you know how it goes for me!
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #26
AineMuirne
Raw Beauty

I ordered the 5%, too! My skin can sometimes be sensitive and sometimes be completely not sensitive, but I'm willing to upgrade to 10% if need be. I'd rather start without making my face a red mess. I'm SO EXCITED to get it!
[/SIZE]
Old October 21st, 2012, 04:18 AM   #27
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AineMuirne
I ordered the 5%, too! My skin can sometimes be sensitive and sometimes be completely not sensitive, but I'm willing to upgrade to 10% if need be. I'd rather start without making my face a red mess. I'm SO EXCITED to get it!

Im really excited too. My face is generally not sensitive but I do have rosacea. So Im pretty sure my face is going to look extremely red at first but that should go away rather quickly or at least it shouldnt be red all day. Hopefully! I may do a test patch first. I work Monday-Friday and I dont want to go to work with a face that looks burned! Now that I think about it, I used to work with someone who had a chemical peel, I think, done and she had to call off work for a whole week!

Im like you, if I like the 5% and my face handles it well I will bump up to the 10%!

Heres to wishing us good luck!
Old October 21st, 2012, 04:55 AM   #28
AineMuirne
Raw Beauty

I keep looking at my face and imagining all of the bumps it's going to take away! Hahaha. The natural toner I bought this past weekend has made my pores look awesome so now I just need to get rid of some scarring and the rest of my acne and for once in my life I might have nice skin. I also have a fine line growing to beyond a fine line on my forehead and faint smile lines that could do with some lightening. Even on my young skin, highly concentrated Retin-A hasn't fixed them (I used it for about 6 years for acne to not much avail, and now I'm chemical-free).

Does anyone with acne have any recommendations of a light, natural (no mineral oil) moisturizer that I can put over the glycolic acid? I usually use coconut oil, but I think it makes me break out a little bit in the acne-prone regions on my face since it's a thicker oil. I might try EVOO, but wouldn't mind buying a light natural one!
[/SIZE]
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #29
biogirl87
Radiant Beauty

Aine Muirne, I'd consider EVOO natural especially if you can get first cold pressed (you can this kind even at Walmart). To my knowledge, all vegetable oils (coconut included) are made through pressing to some degree.
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #30
AineMuirne
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by biogirl87
Aine Muirne, I'd consider EVOO natural especially if you can get first cold pressed (you can this kind even at Walmart). To my knowledge, all vegetable oils (coconut included) are made through pressing to some degree.

I know it's natural! I can see where you got that from my post, though. I meant I wouldn't mind buying a light natural lotion that works well with acne, just because I'm fairly certain plain EVOO would be too pore clogging for me.

But, after using the glycolic acid for the first time last night and not moisturizing over it, I'm pretty sure I don't need moisturizer with it. It didn't dry my skin out at all.
[/SIZE]