Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 27th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #41
shutterpillar
Natural Beauty

Spookyghost, I dont have any thoughts on the IBS situation (no experience with that) but I did want to root you on and say good job for trying to get out of your poor nutrition slump!
shutterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #42
Princess Kitti
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyghost
Wow-this is the first time I'm posting something from my phone! Feels a little weird but its so nice outside I'm just kinda chilling on the patio after my run.

I agree 100%. About eating enough in order to lose weight. I'm just starting to come out of my poor nutrition slump I have been in and what I have noticed is that the less I eat the better I feel and more I lose. I feel awful for saying it but for some reason this past year I do better if I eat less. I don't believe in starving myself but I am probably eating way less than I should. Today I ate one hole egg and an xtra egg white for breakfast at 4:30am. Snack at 9 am was 6 raw almonds. Lunch at 11 was a high protein low carb was drink-about 200 calories. Dinner 3 ounces chicken breast and leaf salad no dressing. Actually during the summer I only drank mothers apple cider vinegar-2 Tsp. unless I eat this way or less I will not lose. I never used to be like this. I turned 45 in august so age isn't on my side. It has been getting harder lose as I get older but this spring and summer was the worse. It's like I hit a brick wall and the only way the scale went down was to eat less. I was also exercising And taking vitamins. I also have IBS and I will bloat so bad. I can look 7 months pregnant on some days. But if I keep my calories down I don't bloat and feel great.

Any thoughts anyone?

I also hope this post comes out good. Posting on my phone is a little more difficult than on the computer. I hope it's legible!

ETA-I am on my laptop now and I re-read my post. The 2 tsp of braggs mother apple cider vinegar was for breakfast with a spoonful of almond butter to get the awful vingar taste out of my mouth! Yuck. I didnt just have that all day-although it kinda sounded like that from my phone post!

Im kinda at a loss about this in a way. Should I be eating more? But if I should its not working. My dinner does consist of a good protein-lean ground chicken, chicken breast, fish, lean ground turkey, and veggies. All types of veggies and I dont hold back at dinner on those awesome veggies. I am just a little confused at how strict I have to be-calorie wise. I may be 45 but thats not old! Dang-I feel 25! And have the mind of a 20 year old! Haha. Has anyone else noticed this as they are getting older?

Yes, I can sympathise with this! I have noticed that the older I get, the harder it all gets with weight loss. The metabolism slows down as we age, and I have to be very strict calorie wise to loose anything. And I need to exercise more too. The big trick for me is constantly changing what I do. I don't eat the same foods for too long, or do the same kind of exercise for too long either. If I do, my body gets into a rut and the weight loss stalls. It is at the moment, so I'm looking at getting a Wii-fit to switch things up
Princess Kitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #43
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Saralabyrinth-Way to go on your weightloss! Cutting out sugar is not only a huge accomplishment but so important! I would love to get alot of exercise at work. I work in a hopital and Im running around all over it through out the day but of course thats not enough. I need more hard core cardio and weight training. Thank goodness I love it. Well not the cardio part-Im not going to lie. Its a necessary evil. Anyways, good luck and keep it up!

Shutterpillar-Congrats on hitting your 40 mile goal! I must confess that I havent read the whole thread so was your goal to run 40 miles or bike 40 miles? I love weight training. Im not an expert on it in any way but I love doing it. I love muscles. Love them and I want mine bigger. I want more muscle and less fat. And thank you for your well wishes on my nutrition. I have been doing really good with my nutrition lately. Im so excited about this. I feel good about it. The seasonal depression is stll kicking my butt but I have the nutrition in check. Which I really needed.

Princess Kitti-Someone who can sympathize with me! Eat less and exercise more-Yeah we are so lucky I can barely stand it! Hahah
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #44
shutterpillar
Natural Beauty

Spookyghost - it was to run 40 miles, but the weather began getting colder (cold weather is about the only thing that triggers my asthma) so I had to use the elliptical for 8 of them.
shutterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:34 PM   #45
CaityBear
Natural Beauty

Three days without exercise and I'm feeling a struggle. It was my honey's birthday on Friday so Friday night I got home from work and straight to his step dad's then came home and went straight to bed. Saturday was at his bio dad's place and same thing, was there late and went straight to bed. Then Sunday was my last day of work after a 7 day stretch so I was exhausted plus got home, left about 15 minutes later and didn't get home until 1am.

So the last two days I have worked out but I'm having trouble feeling the urge to workout. Plus my energy is pretty low and I'm trying to do tons of cleaning and reorganizing since we recently got rid of furniture and got new stuff and getting more still (bf's step dad is moving so we're getting some stuff from him) so the house is a disaster. Which also means no room to workout. The last two days I worked on the Wii with a spot about the size of 5 ft by 5 ft. And that was seriously all the room in the house I had since our house is tiny...

So tonight...try to force myself to do some exercising and get some cleaning done.
CaityBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #46
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

I walk every day--3 dogs need exercised--, but struggle with the strength part.

I did strength and stretching for a whopping 20 minutes yesterday. My back feels GREAT today. I've got to keep after it.
[COLOR=#a0522d]Hennaheaded[/COLOR]
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote