Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 18th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #21
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Wow I'm in awe of you gals! I'm having to break down and sell my treadmill . I'm cleaning out my bedroom and it just sits there, poor thing. I haven't used it in over two years. My knees have worsened and one of them 'sticks' and both ankles are now frozen about 60% due to bone spurs on my heel achilles tendons. It makes me sad to see it go.

So when I see ya'll really getting after it, it makes me feel good inside for you! The only exercise I get is plain old slow walking and fibromyalgia stretching and core work.

*where is that little cheerleader smiley? We need her*
Old October 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #22
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreen
Wow I'm in awe of you gals! I'm having to break down and sell my treadmill . I'm cleaning out my bedroom and it just sits there, poor thing. I haven't used it in over two years. My knees have worsened and one of them 'sticks' and both ankles are now frozen about 60% due to bone spurs on my heel achilles tendons. It makes me sad to see it go.

So when I see ya'll really getting after it, it makes me feel good inside for you! The only exercise I get is plain old slow walking and fibromyalgia stretching and core work.

You have managed to shed 42+ pounds! That is hard for someone that can run on the treadmill, but you did it; limited mobility and everything. No small accomplishment, Justy. You get an "ATTA-GIRL!!!" Way to sharpen that amazing self-control!
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #23
violet
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreen

Hugs to you, justgreen, keep doing what you do, every step we take gets us one step closer to our goal.

I taught dance and fitness for many years and as a result my knees and my hips no longer cooperate, I now have osteoarthritis in both places. Walking is my best friend now, some days it's a much slower walk than others, but it gets me outdoors in the fresh air and I feel great!
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #24
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

Oh thank you browneyedsusan and violet! Support is so important. I'm glad that we can help lift each other up, it helps to keep us going!
Old October 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #25
CaityBear
Natural Beauty

UGH! I just want to eat and eat and eat! I can't stand it. I'm having so much trouble right now. Craving everything under the sun (that isn't healthy) and nothing seems to fill me up. I just can't stand it.

I think I'm PMSing...kind of hard to know when I don't get my period though...but that would explain this constantly being hungry and craving stuff...

But I wish I could eat something that would FILL me! I feel like a bottomless pit. Ugh.
CaityBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #26
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

@ CaityBear

Some little tips and a hug (AKA "Aredhel77 states the blindingly obvious":

Protein rich foods are meant to fill you up better than carbohydrates, so can you try and sneak a bit more of those in.... it might help...?

And maybe swap some of the naughty things for some fruit/veg. Take some little steps to work your way out of your 'binge'.

If you really can't right now, try not to be too hard on yourself and get back on track as soon as you can.

I have days (yes, sometimes several days) where I compulsively eat things that taste great but have little to no nutritional value. I'm an emotional over-eater and I'm trying to combat it! It's hard though!

I sympathise - ((((CaityBear)))) - Good luck!

ETA: try to go out for a walk or something if possible, it's a good distraction and you'll be doing something kind for your body lol

Last edited by Aredhel77 : October 20th, 2012 at 01:52 AM.
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #27
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

Well, I am enjoying my rebounder. I don't move on it in a strenuous way at all, just gently, alternating steady bouncing (not taking my feet off the mat) with walking on the spot or little jumping jacks - I'm just making it up as I go really. I did 40min earlier in the week and 20 mins yesterday. Really, if I can do between 10-20 mins on cardio days then I'll be happy. I'm amazed how much it makes me sweat though! (In a good, fragrant, 'glowy' way of course ) I'll up the intensity eventually, I have only had it for less than a fortnight so I'm easing into it.

I'm also doing strength exercises, either Callanetics or my Pilates ball, a couple of times a week. I feel I need to get more cardio in now as I've built up lots of muscle tone over the months through more frequent Callanetics but still have lots of fat to melt away. Yuck!!! (It's better than it was though!)

My weight is still plateauing. I have been following a meal plan for a fortnight that's about 1200 calories and am not deviating from it - well, with one exception over the weekend - but hardly anything has happened. I've not been able to shift more than a pound or two for MONTHS. And then it goes on again. That's rather frustrating. I've been pretty sensible. If I have had odd bad days with the eating (and honestly I have less of these now than I did) - then I offset it as soon as I can...hmmm...I went to my mother's over the weekend for less than 3 days and put on 3lbs. Which I quickly lost at the beginning of the week. And then put 2lbs on again. This is the pattern that my weight's been following since about August. That's without the visits to my mum's lol. I am eating sensibly. I am exercising. What is happening?

Still, the exercise has got to be helping, surely?? I went for quite a long walk yesterday as well.

Last edited by Aredhel77 : October 20th, 2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #28
AutumnFalls
Sparkling Beauty

Well, I'm back to exercising I am going for a ten minute run shortly, and then I will do some weight lifting/pushup type of thing. I'll be back in fighting shape for Monday's karate and hopefully I can get to 110ib in no time
AutumnFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #29
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

keep after it Aredhel77. You'll wear it down and it will go away. My weight has remained pretty steady until this summer, and I managed to gain 5 or 10 pounds! It isn't magically dropping off like it has before, so I'm blaming my perimenopausal hormones. (I blame them for everything!)

CaityBear, I'm doing that too! I don't know what has come over me? I'm ravenous all the time! --I'll mind Aredhel77 and see if I can turn this around.
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #30
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsusan
keep after it Aredhel77. You'll wear it down and it will go away. My weight has remained pretty steady until this summer, and I managed to gain 5 or 10 pounds! It isn't magically dropping off like it has before, so I'm blaming my perimenopausal hormones. (I blame them for everything!)

CaityBear, I'm doing that too! I don't know what has come over me? I'm ravenous all the time! --I'll mind Aredhel77 and see if I can turn this around.

Thanks for the encouragement!! I hope so!! It's got to go somewhere EVENTUALLY!!

Hormones are always a good excuse!!

Good luck, I hope you eventually manage to lose what you've gained.