Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #11
shutterpillar
Natural Beauty

*waves* I am here for some accountability. I set a goal for myself to get 40 miles in by the end of October and set this goal on September 10th. Ideally I would like to have done 40 miles of pure running, but due to the temps already beginning to get too cold for my asthmatic self to run in safely, I am sometimes forced to hop on the elliptical or go for a long walk in a hilly area.

So far, I am at 32 miles and I would like to keep myself accountable for those last eight miles by posting my goal here. I feel confident I can easily surpass my goal, but I need the accountability because lately it has been far too easy to stay under my nice warm covers instead of going for a morning run in the cold.
shutterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #12
AutumnFalls
Sparkling Beauty

I was doing karate training 3 times a week and running for ten minutes most mornings. Then I caught a cold It's been a week since I've done anything really active and I feel out of shape.
AutumnFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #13
Indigo Girl
Natural Beauty

I've been sick for a while, but I'd like to start working out again. I used to work out a lot and it's been very odd for me not to do it lately.
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #14
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

I walk a couple of miles most days with the dogs, but really need to get after the strength and flexibility part. --I feel more agile and strong if I exercise regularly.

Yesterday I walked, AND did a whopping 15 minutes of strength and flexibility.

Did I mention that I HATE exercising? It's miserable. There aren't enough endorphins in the world to make me like it. I hate it. No, it's not to strong of a word. Exercise is horrible.
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #15
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterpillar
*waves* I am here for some accountability. I set a goal for myself to get 40 miles in by the end of October and set this goal on September 10th. Ideally I would like to have done 40 miles of pure running, but due to the temps already beginning to get too cold for my asthmatic self to run in safely, I am sometimes forced to hop on the elliptical or go for a long walk in a hilly area.

So far, I am at 32 miles and I would like to keep myself accountable for those last eight miles by posting my goal here. I feel confident I can easily surpass my goal, but I need the accountability because lately it has been far too easy to stay under my nice warm covers instead of going for a morning run in the cold.

Your motivation coach here.
Get your skinny butt out of bed!!! Put on your shoes!!! OUT THE DOOR! Run like a deer, Shutterpillar! Go get 'em!

How far did you run today??
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #16
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreen
Excellent JamieLeigh! ^5 for the weight loss! I goofed off the last couple of weeks and gained back a few pounds, so I buckled down and made the effort to watch what went into my mouth. I've been rewarded by losing six of the eight pounds. Two more to go, then I start deducting again. It's terrible to backslide, I'm going to make the effort to NOT do that again.

Atta-girl, JamieLeigh and Justy! Way to take care of business! WOO-HOO! Very nice work! --Don't let anyone tell you it isn't work. It is harder than a 12 hour day of hanging drywall!
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #17
shutterpillar
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsusan
Your motivation coach here.
Get your skinny butt out of bed!!! Put on your shoes!!! OUT THE DOOR! Run like a deer, Shutterpillar! Go get 'em!

How far did you run today??

Well so far today I have ran (read: stumbled down the hall half asleep) to the kitchen to make myself some cereal. But, last night around 8:00 I did do 2.someodd miles on the elliptical. I may go for a short run this afternoon as well. It's difficult to decide when to exercise because I am usually a nighttime bather, so I dont want to hang around in sweat funk all day. The afternoons are still warm so I can run, but it is more convenient to exercise at night so I can take a shower after. And if I exercise at night then I am forced on the elliptical, which I am not a fan of.
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #18
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

Quote:
Well so far today I have ran (read: stumbled down the hall half asleep) to the kitchen to make myself some cereal. But, last night around 8:00 I did do 2.someodd miles on the elliptical. I may go for a short run this afternoon as well. It's difficult to decide when to exercise because I am usually a nighttime bather, so I dont want to hang around in sweat funk all day. The afternoons are still warm so I can run, but it is more convenient to exercise at night so I can take a shower after. And if I exercise at night then I am forced on the elliptical, which I am not a fan of.

don't forget! Get out there and scamper!
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #19
shutterpillar
Natural Beauty

2.23 miles today, browneyedsusan.
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #20
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

Quote:
2.23 miles today, browneyedsusan.