Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Delila
Enticing Beauty

Default Halloween Costumes? (have you seen The One Shirt?)

ShirtWoot! has an LOTR themed t-shirt-as-costume today, and I think it's both great and hilarious. (The One Shirt)

Some of the other entries in that shirt-as-costume derby were also great, I can hardly wait to see which ones have won.

Do any of you get dressed up at Halloween? I don't anymore, but mostly because I never have a Halloween party to go to.
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Dovetail
Raw Beauty

I'm going to be dressing up in my victorian costume, I wore it last year, but my mother made it and so I think it warrants a few rounds at least. Since I work in a victorian era Inn I think it's fitting too. Plus they said I could wear it to work! How fun ^-^ I'll even make the hubby dress up with his waist coat to match me <3 poor guy. He looks so dashing though *-*
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

That does sound fun! I don't celebrate Halloween personally, and only dress up if I'm with kids. I used to work in a school for children with special needs and I have been a Hogwarts schoolmistress and Princess Fiona from Shrek.
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #4
Hillary
Raw Beauty

I never dress up, I just carve cool pumpkins. But I sincerely hope those who dress up post pictures. Pretty please?
Hillary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Ocelan
Sparkling Beauty

We don't really celebrate Halloween in Finland except for some random parties here or there. Last year I was in my first ever Halloween party and dressed up as a banshee. I love dressing up though and probably one day will end up making atleast a weeping angel costume from Doctor Who. They're the scariest things I know!
I also have medieval type and elven (could work as renaissance) dresses so I could be the ghost from the past or something if I needed a costume quick.
Old October 6th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #6
silverstars
Untouched Beauty

I love dressing up! I have to teach that day so it can't be too crazy . I was thinking of making a 1920's flapper dress.
silverstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #7
strawberrygilliebean
Natural Beauty

I love shirt.woot.

I probably won't dress up, though, I do have a very pretty dark plum velvet cape I bought at a renaissance festival a few years ago...
[url=http://www.meez.com/strawberrygillie][img]http://images.meez.com/user/7/0/2/7/1/3/3/8/66227568/70271338_bodyshot_175x233.gif[/img][/url]
strawberrygilliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #8
JamieLeigh
Radiant Beauty

My sister-in-law throws a large Halloween bash every year, and I try to dress up along with my kids. Last year, I went as the long-haired Transylvanian dancer from Rocky Horror Picture Show. This year, I haven't decided yet!
JamieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #9
strawberrygilliebean
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary
I never dress up, I just carve cool pumpkins. But I sincerely hope those who dress up post pictures. Pretty please?
Will you post pictures of your pumpkins in return?
[url=http://www.meez.com/strawberrygillie][img]http://images.meez.com/user/7/0/2/7/1/3/3/8/66227568/70271338_bodyshot_175x233.gif[/img][/url]
strawberrygilliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:55 AM   #10
Truepenny
Raw Beauty

I love seasonal celebrations, they make the dreariness of the wintery months a little less depressing. I'm forcing halloween and Guy Fawkes on all my friends this year!

I'm going to make a Goblin King Masquerade Ball inspired mask to wear to the local where they're screening the original Wickerman film.

I also want to do some pumpkin carving and making of mini pumpkin pies/halloween cakes for our party!! Never carved a pumpkin before though...any tips?
Truepenny is offline   Reply With Quote