Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Vanille_
Sparkling Beauty

Default Intermittent Fasting

I'm curious if anyone else follows an intermittent fasting schedule? Tell me about it! What is your schedule? How long have you done IF? Have you tried other schedules? What is your experience with IF?

I started IF about five days ago. My eating window is between 12pm-5pm. I get in around two good meals plus some snacking, but I'm not into calorie counting. I haven't incorporated exercise so I'm not sure how much weight loss I can expect. I am continuing to research the best schedule/method for weight loss. And then I'll switch to the best method for just general fitness.

If anyone knows what the best schedule is for weight loss, I'd love to know. I don't know that I'd be interested in every other day fasting, but I've heard good things about eating one large meal a day and fasting otherwise. DH is trying this with me, so that's really cool. We both need to lose weight and get fit. Personally, I need to lose about 25-30 lbs to be happy. I'm currently around 145 at 4'11.

The effects so far have been good. I've been sleeping better. I think it's because my body isn't digesting a bunch of bad food while I'm trying to fall asleep.
[/CENTER]
Vanille_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Delila
Enticing Beauty

I don't do any formal schedule, but do find that I get along best if I eat something (a meal sized amount) then stop, and refrain from eating anything at all for a good many hours afterwards.

This was basically my habit when living on my own, but living with my dad, I'm responsible for all the meals and snacks he needs, and have found myself surrounded by food all the time, so my habits have slipped. (and I gained weight, sigh.)

Lately I've been trying to get back to the habits that seemed to serve me so well when I was on my own, but life gets in the way, I eat when I can, etc.

I do sleep better on this kind of routine, and for me, I do think the routine of it is part of the success of it. I don't sleep well with a full belly, and I've got sleep issues enough as it is, so you'd think I'd have migrated back to this habit on my own, but not so far.
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #3
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle...ve-longer.html

I don't know if you've seen the above article but it recommends doing the I.F 2 days out of every 7 - so 2 days 'fasting' as you've described, 5 days normal eating, mixed up however works best for you. Is that what you've been trying?

When I read the article - a couple of months ago - I did start to attempt it and then life got in the way and I totally forgot! But it looks like a safe method to me. I should try to give it a go again.
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #4
mrs_coffee
Untouched Beauty

I stop eating at 7PM and resume eating at 1PM daily. That gives me a fasting window of 18 hours and an eating window of 6 hours, which works well for me. I am never ever hungry before noon anyway. Even before I knew what IF was, I never consumed anything but water and/or coffee with cream before lunchtime.

I found out about IF maybe 5 years ago and have been doing it ever since.
mrs_coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Vanille_
Sparkling Beauty

I found this article online talking about some things they've noticed about the differences between men fasting and women fasting. Interesting read.

[/CENTER]
Vanille_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #6
Delila
Enticing Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_coffee
I stop eating at 7PM and resume eating at 1PM daily...

You know, now that you spell it out like that, I think that's pretty much what I did back when I was actually thin.

I never used to manage anything but a cup of coffee (with a bit of sugar and half and half til one. Seriously, didn't eat because I wasn't hungry.

Definitely food for thought, for me.
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #7
JamieLeigh
Radiant Beauty

I never knew there was a name for that! I used to, when I was younger, but like Delila, it was more because I just wasn't hungry during that time period and I didn't necessary schedule it. I had totally different eating habits when I was in college.
JamieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #8
JamieLeigh
Radiant Beauty

Also - I have fasted for religious reasons, but it usually involves skipping 2 meals out of the day, like breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner, or dinner and the following breakfast.
JamieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote