Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM   #1
juliaxena
Untouched Beauty

Default How long are you growing and what are you doing in between?

I am growing to waist, but before I get there, I want to get rid of hair lightening damage. My virgin hair is at ahoulder and I am maintaining at BSL-ish till my virgin hair will be at APL. From then on, there will hopefully be nothing to stop me. What about everyone else?
juliaxena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Oksana
Untouched Beauty

My goal is Hip (at the moment!). I am currently around waist and I am trimming 50% of my growth every month since I have layers I would like to eradicate and a little bit of pre LHC damage.
Length: 17 / 28 / 33
Type: 2b / F / ii[/CENTER]
Oksana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Sarahlabyrinth
Alluring Beauty

I'm growing to waist and growing my greys. It will be a loooong time before all that coloured hair is gone, so I'm a two-toner for a few years. Once I reach waist (hopefully before the end of next year) I may decide to go longer. I might maintain at waist and trim gradually to get rid of the dye. I want to be an old lady with long silver hair, lol!

2b/F/iii 25 inches. LHC since June 2012, 700+ posts
Sarahlabyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Ocelan
Sparkling Beauty

I'm growing to TBL and atm I'm closer to hip than waist. However after I hit hip I'll be microtrimming away my layers thickening up the hemline for a while before growing to TBL. I've also not dyed my hair for 9 months now so all the while when I'm growing there and beyond that I'll be growing out the dye plus some pre-LHC damage.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:03 PM   #5
jel
Enticing Beauty

I am at classic, and although my original goal was TB, I wouldn't mind reaching upper/mid thigh. But the length is not really what I care about any more.

My real goal at the moment is growing out the henna (and a bit of Elumen). My virgin hair is down to between chin and shoulder, so I'd say another 4-5 years before it's all mid-brown!
[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]20"/46"/46"cl[/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Vanille_
Sparkling Beauty

I'm at waist and I really don't have a goal. I'll just keep growing until I don't want to anymore. In the meantime, I'm not doing much except benign neglect. I put it in a lazy wrap most days and call it good. I'd love to learn some new styles. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd actually try some out.
[/CENTER]
Vanille_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:15 PM   #7
owlathena
Sparkling Beauty

I'm just growing. I sometimes say my goal is classic, but I might stop sooner. I love wearing my hair down everyday and that might just be too much. In the mean time my mini-goal is 34in with purrfect ends, and then growing from there. I'm somewhere around 32 right now with less than satisfactory ends.
owlathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:29 PM   #8
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

I'm aiming for waist eventually. I am at BSL currently and growing out henna, so sort of maintaining here for a while. I self-trim and S&D fairly regularly.

My layers are practically grown out, so that's good. I like feeling that my hair is thicker or heavier, and it does without layers.

A member on LHC, jojo, haven't checked if she's on here or not, had success using a new colour remover that's become available in the UK, for her henna. I have managed to partially remove mine with a similar brand and am currently weighing up whether to try the same product.

If I do, and it's successful, then I'll be able to resume the 'growing' stage.

I liked henna a lot. But I would like to see what my virgin hair colour looks like again. Greys and all!
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:48 PM   #9
Brighteyes
Natural Beauty

My goal is waist length. Right now I am just above shoulder length, and for some reason I've had a really difficult time getting my hair past my shoulders. But I will get there!!

So right now I'm trying to wear my hair up a lot and ignore it as much as possible.
Brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:52 PM   #10
millyaulait
Sparkling Beauty

My goal is to waist, I am *almost* BSL! Sadly it looks only APL in the front.

I've been growing for... gosh... a long time.. I started out from almost bald thanks to losing my hair.

I cannot wait to be waist! Only, uh, ~8 inches to go!
millyaulait is offline   Reply With Quote