Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 30th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #11
Delila
Enticing Beauty

Shermie Girl,

Wow, so pretty! Great blog! (Scurries away to bookmark it ... )

Just what I need more temptation.

I'm mostly just thankful that Scrangie doesn't post more often. I can never resist her recommendations.
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #12
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Oh i have wedding crasher too! It looks great when your wearing dark denim . I dont paint my fingernails often since they get destroyed by chores but i like that one since it can be shee enough not to show chips but punchy enough to demand attention.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #13
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delila
Shermie Girl, I just don't understand why such crimes aren't getting more attention. Apparently some kinds of bank fraud are basically going practically unpunished, which strikes me as counter productive.

I kind of shudder to wonder how much worse it has to get before things change.

Polish-wise, I'm now lemming Mavala Flashy Violet, since I saw photos of it. So pretty! An LHC-er had it in her avatar, and just told me about it.

I'm now apparently having a senior moment and can't recall their username, and the server's so cranky I can't pull up the message. Well, thanks, whoever you are, I'll try to reply to your PM later.

Also waiting for OPI's Skyfall collection. I seriously don't need a gold fleck polish, but I want one in the worst way.

I quit biting my nails four or five years ago, and really haven't looked back. So odd that my nails would change so, all of a sudden. I do kind of suspect that the habits of using gentler haircare products, and using them less frequently (i.e., dilute shampoo, washing only ever few days) really made a difference for me, but I don't know for sure. Even my toenails got stronger, so I can't decide if there's anything to my theory.

Crazy, what people think they can get away with. Hopefully, these asshats aren't getting away with it. My fingers are crossed that our attorneys will be successful. It is astounding how much of this goes on, how many people are affected. Something needs to be done to punish those who do this, make it so painful for them that it isn't worth the risk. The amount taken from us wasn't Earth shattering but it really hurt us. And worse than the money being gone is knowing that we were violated and there was nothing we could have done to stop it.

I have six polishes from Skyfall on my list and the gold top coat. Like I need to spend thirty clams on a top coat. It's just so preeeeety!

I used to bit my nails. Then I wore acrylics for several years and the habit just faded away. I don't suggest acrylics as a stop biting method, tho. LOL
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #14
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delila
Shermie Girl,

Wow, so pretty! Great blog! (Scurries away to bookmark it ... )

Just what I need more temptation.

I'm mostly just thankful that Scrangie doesn't post more often. I can never resist her recommendations.

Aw, thank you.

Scrangie's blog is dangerous. I can think of at least a couple of occasions where I read one of her reviews and clicked directly to buy what I just saw. Evil enabler, that woman is. LOL
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #15
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia
Ooh, is that you? if I had known I would have made it in capital letters with your name!

I was just tickled to see a link to it, that someone liked my photo.
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:03 AM   #16
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I checked out Scrangie's blog and immediately fell in love with a polish but I refuse to pay $20 for it right now. I'm saving to go to Tulsa in November after the election.
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:41 PM   #17
JamieLeigh
Radiant Beauty

I have soooo many polishes. Some have been around for such a long time that the labels are worn off and I'm surprised they even have liquidity enough to slosh when I shake them up. I don't know how many different shades of purple I have. One day I need to organise them. I have them all loaded up into an old basket my mom used to use for magazines. (I decided it was best to use something old in case I got polish all over it) It's probably about a foot high, and it stays on the bathroom floor next to the tub. I'm one who likes to paint in the tub while I have my feet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermie Girl
Justy, your haul sounds great. I haven't been able to buy polish for almost a month (long story short, some jerkoff got access to my husband's checking account and stole a bunch of money from us. We know who it is and attorneys have been brought to bear and lawsuits are being filed. But it left us really short and no shopping for me, for now. ) I am needing to haul. Needing it, I say. Soon...

That's so horrible!!! I'm one of those vigilante type people who aren't content to wait for lawyers to get moving on cases where we know who did it.
JamieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:49 PM   #18
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

I wish that I could take matters into my own hands... I have some great ideas. *twisted*
Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:27 AM   #19
LadyHeather
Sparkling Beauty

I saw the Skyfall polishes this week and fell in love. I neeeeed Live and Let Die and Goldfinger. I bought Die Another Day which is a fabulous red, it's even better than my staple I'm Not Really A Waitress.

I also really want Deutsche You Want Me Baby from the Germany OPI collection and A Roll in the Hague from the Amsterdam one. I am such an OPI ho.

Oh as for old polishes, I have my mom's old Mary Quant red. It still works. I remember trying it on my nails when I was six. It's the same bottle, I'm now 33 and my mom used it when she was younger too a few times. Mavala thinner FTW!
Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:08 PM   #20
ratgirldjh
Raw Beauty

This thread makes me laugh. I myself virtually never wear nail polish and still I can't resist buying it sometimes!!! I have about 5 or 6 bottles that I've never even used!!! I will dig them out and check out the colors... I know one is multicolor holigraphic glitter and there are purple and green and some slimy greenish brown/black color... hmmm

I just feel so weird in polish!

eta: ^^^ i remember the Mary Quant polishes! wow! i LOVED her eye crayons!!! i went through a box of the regular color and the special frosted ones too! i would buy them again INSTANTLY if i ever saw them... they worked great for me!
http://www.ablogfromblackpool.com/20...t-crayons.html
these!

Last edited by ratgirldjh : October 2nd, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
ratgirldjh is offline   Reply With Quote