Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:43 AM   #11
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreen
I'm highly allergic to mold. And Ragweed. Which won't die here until the temp reaches about 15F. That damned rabbitbrush is tough!

Its 1C here today, so it just needs to drop ten more degrees and that stuff is dead.
FrozenBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:11 AM   #12
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

We are expecting a massive drop in temp after today. Cyk is out with his compressor, blowing all the water out of all the hoses. He cleaned the chimney out last week and hauled in 3 tons of coal, so we are set for winter. I'm kinda looking forward to winter food. BWahahahaha.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:18 AM   #13
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Oh that reminds me, I should turn off the outdoor tap.. OH has to dig the potatoes tonight too. Was going to do it yesterday but it rained all day and the garden was goo.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:40 AM   #14
WaitingSoLong
Captivating Beauty

I am looking forward to winter food, too. Chili and soups, fresh baked bread. I have already started. But then, I love cooking.
WaitingSoLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM   #15
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Oooh, chili... i know what I am making for supper tonight now!! Its-4 today. Bah. LOL.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:39 AM   #16
GRU
Untouched Beauty

I've been getting allergy shots since 1999. I started with twice a week, and have been on once-a-month status for at least ten years now.

I never had any systemic reaction to my shots -- just a local reaction, with the injection site being red, warm, and swollen in an area with about a 10-cm / 4-inch diameter.

It has made a major difference in my daily living, however. When my four weeks are coming to an end, I can FEEL the headache coming back. When I wasn't getting shots, I once had 18 sinus infections in a 23-month period of time. Now I typically get one sinus infection every couple years.

My allergens are also environmental -- dust, dust mites, some molds, some grass and tree pollen.

I would definitely talk to your allergist about your reactions, as they don't sound normal to me at all. Systemic reactions to immunotherapy would be along the lines of anaphylactic shock, not drowsiness or lethargy.

Immunotherapy is nothing like "allergy medication" (Benadryl and other antihistamines) and shouldn't produce "sleepy" reactions like those medications would.

Systemic reactions to immunotherapy -- graded on severity -- can be seen on this PDF. By the time you get to the point of lethargy/loss of consciousness (grade four), it's almost "cancel Christmas, she ain't gonna make it" time.

Discuss your symptoms with your doctor and see if there isn't something medication-related that is causing it, because I'm 99.99999% sure that it's not your allergy shots.
GRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:51 AM   #17
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I will definately mention it again when I go tomorrow, but I have mentioned it previously and they have just shrugged and said everyone experiences it differently. The very first one I had I did have super bad stomach pains, but I haven't had them since, and I get no local reaction at the injection site, maybe a slight itch but that is it. I did have heavy bruising, but I think that is more to their method- they inject just under the skin instead of into the blood stream. I do get the sinus reaction.
My only other medications are synthroid. (Which I have been on for seven years) and BC (been on it for nearly five this time round).
I am known to have bizzare reactions to my other allergens though, so maybe that is why they aren't worried.
All of my allergies and my Celiacs resulted from getting the H1N1 shot in conjunction with the other flu shot two years ago.

I haven't noticed any sense of impending doom though, so thats a good sign, right?
Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:25 PM   #18
AutumnFalls
Sparkling Beauty

I'm curious about it, I suffer from hayfever and live on allergy meds in the spring/summer/fall. Thankfully winter is long here, but the furnace can kick up the dust in the air and make me sneeze. My only real problem is a) potential cost and b) time. I don't have a car so it might be a challenging commitment.
AutumnFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #19
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I am not sure how expensive it is yet- medical didn't cover it, but my additional insurance through OH's work will. We paid 270 dollars I think and should get eighty percent of that back when I send the DIN# in. That was for four vials I think, and I just started on the second one. Not sure when I will run out. It it lasts a year than it isn't that expensive comparably. If it only lasts six months then... i dunno.
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #20
AutumnFalls
Sparkling Beauty

That's good to know. Thanks.
AutumnFalls is offline   Reply With Quote