Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 14th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #21
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I don't put the gloves on all the way down to my fingertips. I have fingernails that I try to baby, so I don't want the tips of my nails anywhere near that fabric. I only wear one glove, holding the soap in the other hand and lathering up a huge amount before applying to my face. Then I use palm of my hand to scrub with.
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #22
Carolyn
Aphrodite

OK, I'm shopping for these! I'm going to Sioux City on Wednesday so I'm going to look at Target. I hate living where I have to plan a day trip to go to Target. Sigh.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #23
girlcat36
Natural Beauty

I love my scrubbie mitt. I use it when I'm too lazy for salt or sugar scrubs. I use it on my face, too.
[U][COLOR=#666699][URL="http://www.meez.com/girlcat36"][IMG]http://images.meez.com/user/4/3/3/6/7/0/4/4336704_bodyshot_175x233_1203191288389.gif[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/U]
girlcat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:51 AM   #24
MeowScat
Raw Beauty

Thanks, Justy! I'll try it your way. (I miss my acrylic nails getting in the way, now I have short nails and I don't even polish them since I can never get it to stay on my natural nails, meh.)

There is no dark side of the moon, really.
Matter of fact, it's all dark. ~ Pink Floyd[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
MeowScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 12:41 PM   #25
truepeacenik
Dazzling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joflakes
I have a pair of these but I am lazy and don't use them all that much...I prefer body scrubs.

I have a round plastic circle with little nubs on it for face exfoliation that I got ages and ages ago with a L'Oreal face wash. It's great!

See, I won't use scrubs because commercial ones usually have micro plastic pellets. Even the ones advertising other abrasives.
I love my gloves, and I can recycle them appropriately when they have worn out. They are more than a year old and going strong.
truepeacenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 12:55 PM   #26
Libbylou
Natural Beauty

Are these the same type I see hanging in the soap and body wash isle at Walmart? I there a specific brand name? I would like to try these.
Libbylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:23 PM   #27
truepeacenik
Dazzling Beauty

Yes, no specific name.
truepeacenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:50 PM   #28
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbylou
Are these the same type I see hanging in the soap and body wash isle at Walmart? I there a specific brand name? I would like to try these.

There are lots of them but i prefer earth therputics brand they feel thicker to me and have lasted better.

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:08 PM   #29
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae~
I find the gloves slip and slide on my hands while I'm using them (I guess I tend to scrub fairly vigorously!). So, I prefer these little green korean "scrubby things" (technical term!) and found some locally in an Asian supermarket.

They are basically a square with three sides sewn up, and you can stretch out your fingers inside, to apply tension to the material and hold it on your hand - so good!

If you are looking for them and can't get the message across, ask for "deh-miri" or "deh-mili" mitts. I have nearly used my last one to death so it's time for a new one.

I have made something similar from a 'body scrub cloth' I got at Big Lots. It was like a long, thin scarf and I just cut it up and sewed it so that all seams were turned IN and I use that like a little scrubber pad. I have the gloves but my rings always catch on them when I don them, so I normally just use the gloves like a scrubber pad anyhow. :shrug: They're great for ANYwhere that needs exfoliating. As I've been doing waxing and now laser hair-removal lately, I use them nearly daily on those parts of me, to avoid ingrowns. They're a lifesaver!

:chicken: [SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Plum]Nops and a banana-hammock. Woot! :chicken:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showpost.php?p=5692&postcount=53"]Deodorant recipes, for the ladies...[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 10:01 AM   #30
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

I tried this for the first time in the shower today, on my face. I used Dove cleansing bar. I can't believe I never thought of using them on my face before. It feels really good. I used a face scrub yesterday (The Sanctuary) - but this feels far better, my skin is really smooth. Wow! You're all on to something here
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote