Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 14th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Kaelee
Natural Beauty

Default Your lipstick shade

Mine is red. Honeybee Gardens lipstick in Desire first, and Vintage Merlot second. I love this lipstick and these colors! But I think Desire looks a little better on me.

Totally wanting a sheer red by Shiseido. One of these days...
Kaelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #2
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I like the pink shades on me. I love red of others but when I try it, I think it looks awful on me. I can't wear anything warm toned so that's probably why. Red looks so good on other women but not on me. Red nails don't look good on my hands either.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #3
LocustSpawning
Untouched Beauty

I currently wear Mauve It Over by Revlon (it's a matte lipstick) most days It's the perfect balance between pinky/browny shades and I really see it suiting most skin tones. I am quite pale. I also wear Really Red from the same line, I love them both. Really good staying power without looking hard or cakey
LocustSpawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4
Dovetail
Raw Beauty

I'm adoring my red lipstick. I'm usually more of a natural girl, but I got into red from a LHC thread and haven't looked back. It makes even going to work fun and exciting
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #5
Delila
Enticing Beauty

I tend to like some sort of sheer plum for a YLBB look. That or something just a tad rosy, nothing to bright.

Red ? Love them, but my ancient matte red (L'oreal?) is pretty much the only one I wear. For some reason, it's just the right shade of red for my skin tones.
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #6
strawberrygilliebean
Natural Beauty

I run the gamut on lip color. One of my favorites is Lady's Choice from Benefit, which is a pinky caramel nude, but I also have a Revlon lippie called mulled wine that I love (rich, deep, dark red). For work, I've been wearing Burts Bees tinted lip balms in blossom or rose.

Dovetail, I loved that thread on LHC. So much fun!
[url=http://www.meez.com/strawberrygillie][img]http://images.meez.com/user/7/0/2/7/1/3/3/8/66227568/70271338_bodyshot_175x233.gif[/img][/url]
strawberrygilliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

i tend to wear coffee shades when i wear lipstick and pinks when i wear glosses. Im still looking for my perfect red since i went to my natural hair color i cant wear deep shades any more .
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #8
JamieLeigh
Radiant Beauty

I like lighter shades most of the time, so I usually just wear lip glosses that have a little bit of a tint to them. Pinkish-browns tend to look the best with my skin colour, and I have several nudes and mauves in my collection. *runs off to bathroom to grab the makeup basket* I have Maybelline Superstay "neverending nude", Avon Brilliant Moisture "moonstone" (which I think is discontinued), Burt's Bees tinted lipbalm "hibiscus", Revlon Super Luscious "smoky rose"
JamieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:36 AM   #9
jel
Enticing Beauty

My neutral lip colours are pinky-brown/plum, and I wear those the most; usually I emphasise my eyes and keep lips just kissable

In my handbag I currently have Maybeline Superstay lip stain/gloss in Absolute Plum, and Bourjois Sweet Kiss lipstick in Rose Naturel.

Having said that, I do occasionally like the retro black liner/red lippy look, but I ran out of my favourite Clarins lipstick. Hmmm, shopping list time...
[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]20"/46"/46"cl[/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #10
brave
Untouched Beauty

I do a lot of red-tinted lip balm, or a purpley-pink color. I have to stay on the cooler side or it looks awful on me.
brave is offline   Reply With Quote