Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 8th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #11
Ocelan
Sparkling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truepenny
EAR MUFFS Who's with me?? I get really cold ears/ ear ache/ head ache if I don't cover my tabs up in the cold.

Also: those knitted headbands are great. I've a couple from last winter my mother dearest cable knitted for me with matching jumpers (and wrist warmers) which I loved.

I'm wearing one now as a matter of fact (cold victorian house, brrrr)!

I'm in with you with the ear muffs and now that I'm wearing more buns I probably need to make some knitted headbands aswell. I have some for fall but I will need warmer ones as I don't want to be taking out my bun every time I have to go out. Although I have been knitting a bit roomier hats lately so they might do the trick.

My ears are exactly the same. I need a headband when out with the dogs already when it's below 15 celcius.
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #12
Truepenny
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelan
I'm in with you with the ear muffs and now that I'm wearing more buns I probably need to make some knitted headbands aswell. I have some for fall but I will need warmer ones as I don't want to be taking out my bun every time I have to go out. Although I have been knitting a bit roomier hats lately so they might do the trick.

My ears are exactly the same. I need a headband when out with the dogs already when it's below 15 celcius.

Phew, I'm not alone
They're great, aren't they! And they keep the fringe I'm growing out that doesn't yet fit in my bun off my face on windy days. Bonus.
Truepenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #13
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truepenny
EAR MUFFS Who's with me?? I get really cold ears/ ear ache/ head ache if I don't cover my tabs up in the cold.

Also: those knitted headbands are great. I've a couple from last winter my mother dearest cable knitted for me with matching jumpers (and wrist warmers) which I loved.

I'm wearing one now as a matter of fact (cold victorian house, brrrr)!

Im with you! Not only do my ears get cold but I will get an ear ache on top of the cold ears. So yes to ear muffs and the knitted head bands!

Haha-I was wearing a headband earlier! I got up early and it was 58 degrees in the house. And I just couldnt bear to put the heat on yet. I know that sounds cheap of me but we heat by oil and I hate when I have to put the heat on for the first time of the season. Well, I lasted till 11:00! The thermostat said 57 I broke down and put the heat on-Dang!

When the sun rose I could finally look out the front window and my car had thick frost and ice on it so yeah I needed to put the heat on.

Im usually at work at this time so we do leave the heat off or at 60 during the day and when we get home around 3pm we turn it on. Or if ds didnt go to school the heat is on We wouldnt freeze the poor child! Depending on the price of oil it can be pretty expensive to fill our oil tank. Last year it was about $800-give or take and it would get filled about 3 times a year. But now since we bought an Eden-pure heater we only filled it once last year. Our electric went up $100.00 a month for the winter months but that was still cheaper than the oil!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #14
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelan

I wish I could knit! Is is easy? I will have to look that up. Well I did crouchet an afigan, sorry about the spelling, but it was crooked
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #15
Ocelan
Sparkling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyghost
I wish I could knit! Is is easy? I will have to look that up. Well I did crouchet an afigan, sorry about the spelling, but it was crooked

Well I've known how to knit since I was a child so I may be a bit biased but I don't think it's hard at all. There are many tutorials on the internet and you can start with the most simple patterns which there are many of. I can't crochet anymore (I knew how to when I was a kid) but I'm sure there are about as many crochet patterns out there as there are knit patterns.
Old October 9th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #16
Truepenny
Raw Beauty

(This is turning into another fiber arts thread now ) But yeah they're both easy-peasy basically. Personally I think crochet is more girly/fancy looking though.
Truepenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #17
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I live in scarves and mittens in the winter. My favourite pair are fingered gloves where just the tips of my fingers aren't covered, and there is a fleece lined hood that pulls over all of them turning it into a traditional mitten. they are red. They are perfect for wearing when I am driving or have to unlock the front door (it gets so cold here that my skin sticks to the metal of the key and the door sometimes, but regular mittens are too clumsy)
Old October 14th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #18
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

There is a whole great big thread on these over at LHC. I thought maybe you guys might like a link to the Calorimetry. These are so nice and warm. It's an awesome little pattern. And you get to practice short rows. That's how I learned to do them. I think they are much more comfortable than ear muffs. I've always found ear muffs to be excruciatingly painful. I still haven't made my fingerless gloves yet but this might be the year. I'm so afraid I'll go to all the work of knitting them and lose one, just like I am with my purchased winter gloves.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 08:38 PM   #19
Calaelen
Untouched Beauty

Both are for sure in for fall. Of course, big warm scarves for winter will likely not go out of fashion due to their efficiency.

I love both, and am happy I can still wear them, and not look totally fashion absurd..lol. (though I think I likely do anyway..ha ha.)
Calaelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:53 AM   #20
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

I wear fingerless gloves and a hoodie all winter. (It doesn't get super cold in this area.)
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote