Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:35 PM   #1
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

Default Rinsing mouth with hydrogen peroxide

Have any of you ever rinsed your mouth with hydrogen peroxide?

I went to the dentist last week and am still waiting for my gum, in one spot, to heal so it doesn't hurt so much to brush. I've always heard of rinsing the mouth with hydrogen peroxide, but have never tried it . . . until 4 days ago. I looked online and saw that I need to dilute it 1 part water to 1 part hydrogen peroxide.

It definitely bubbles. I've learned that after swishing for a minute or so and spitting it out, that the bubbles keep bubbling unless I rinse with water.

Do you, or have you ever, used hydrogen peroxide to rinse your mouth? What has been your experience?
Old March 29th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I used to do that now and then. I just used it straight from the bottle. It tasted awful. I think that's why I stopped using it. I was using it for sore and bleeding gums. I'm not sure how much the peroxide helped but the problem did go away.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #3
Teacherbear

I don't notice any taste with the 50/50 mix. It sure bubbles a lot. I have to rinse with just water after a few minutes, because I start foaming at the mouth!
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:05 AM   #4
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

I have used it when my body goes haywire and decides to give me mouth ulcers which are really painful especially since i seem to get them on the roof of my mouth . I need to get into the habit again especially since crown came off over amonth ago and i cant get into a dentist.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:49 PM   #5
Teacherbear

Yikes, Natalia! I hope you get to the doctor soon!

Would the mix of HP and water work if I add a bit of mouth wash to it? I haven't tried it yet. I might try it tonight, if I remember!
Old September 27th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #6
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

I used to buy a product called GlyOxide. It was 50/50 Glycerin and Peroxide. Well, they quit making it so I'm making my own using vegetable glycerin and regular peroxide. It works great and tastes MUCH better than just plain or watered down Peroxide. I squirt it on my toothbrush before and after brushing.
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #7
ratgirldjh
Raw Beauty

Be really careful doing this. My dad used to do this and one time I decided to try it. I rinsed and rinsed and evidently left it in too long because when I spit it out my gums were white!

OMG - what happened is it killed the entire top layer of my gums! I frantically started brushing my gums with my toothbrush and a thin layer of dead (white) gum tissue came off and underneath was a VERY pink layer of gums!!! Surprisingly it didn't hurt but it was scary and I never did it again after this. Yikes!
ratgirldjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #8
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

I don't think that ever happens to me because it's cut 50/50 with glycerin. I could see that happening with more pure peroxide. Yes, that is the main reason why physicians don't like you cleaning a cut that might need sutures with peroxide. It kills the tissue and makes it more difficult to stitch.
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #9
WaitingSoLong
Captivating Beauty

Prolonged use of peroxide makes my teeth sensitive. Even diluted.
WaitingSoLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #10
ratgirldjh
Raw Beauty

It made my teeth sensitive too and my mouth. Baking soda does the same thing. If I use it for too long I will even get sores in my mouth.
ratgirldjh is offline   Reply With Quote