Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 31st, 2009, 02:46 PM   #11
funnybunny668
Raw Beauty

I gave up soda because it annoyed my acid reflux. Carbonation and caffiene both bother me. Now I drink mostly water, but in the beginning I switched to Crystal Light or similar low cal drink mixes, and instant decaf tea. I switched to decaf coffee, and now I only drink it on leisurely weekends when I have time to sit and enjoy it. That was a big change for me! LOL Oh, I still like an occassional low cal lemonade.
funnybunny668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #12
AineMuirne
Raw Beauty

Silk dark chocolate almond milk? I love that stuff. It tastes like liquid chocolate pudding, except better.
[/SIZE]
AineMuirne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #13
Indigo Girl
Natural Beauty

I used to drink a lot of soda (~ 2 to 4 cans a day!) and I quit drinking it years ago.

I do like carbonated drinks, so I will drink plain seltzer and add a citrus to it: fresh slice of lemon, lime, or orange. It's very good! Since I've been drinking that for so long, when I finally do have a soda it tastes so artificially sweet that I don't even want to drink it!
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #14
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I've jumped on the Mio bandwagon! Love this stuff, especially the Black Cherry flavor, which also has B6, B12 and ginseng it in. A couple, or three squirts in a bottle of my well water and shake shake I'm good to go. I can usually drink three of these a day, easy. I find them in the supermarket aisle where the Crystal Light is. There are tons of flavors but not all of the flavors have the B's/ginseng. I especially like these because they give you a little kick of energy without having to drink a red bull. AND I get all the benefits of drinking the water! Win/win!
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #15
joflakes
Dazzling Beauty

If I'm not on the diet soda, I'm on squash! Not sure what you call it in the US. It's concentrated sugar-free fruit stuff you mix with water. Like Ribena...

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Joined[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]October 13th 2011[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Post count[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]2300[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Hair improvement[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]Immense! [/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
joflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #16
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlily
What about flavoured sparkling water? It is sweet, but calorie-free.

My DH lives on San Pellegrino in the summer, with a little lemon. It has the fizz, but none of the bad stuff from soda.

That was going to be my suggestion too. If you dont like it straight you can cut down by mixing it with your soda and reducing the amount over a week or to. If you can deal with the flavor straight you can add sweetness with stevia. And not calorie free but you can mix it with juice of choice even if thats just lemon/lime.

Tader joes sparkling water is good. I like ot mix them with juice when i crave something bubbly. I havent had soda in a long time and have never been a big drinker of it so maybe someone else can give better suggestions

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #17
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreen
I've jumped on the Mio bandwagon! Love this stuff, especially the Black Cherry flavor, which also has B6, B12 and ginseng it in. A couple, or three squirts in a bottle of my well water and shake shake I'm good to go. I can usually drink three of these a day, easy. I find them in the supermarket aisle where the Crystal Light is. There are tons of flavors but not all of the flavors have the B's/ginseng. I especially like these because they give you a little kick of energy without having to drink a red bull. AND I get all the benefits of drinking the water! Win/win!

Justy-so the Mio is pretty good for you then? I was a diet md drinkter too and through out the summer I bit the bullet and just went to straight crystal light-which was kinda hard I have to admitt. Now I have been making awful food choices and the diet pop has crept back into my routine and I want to get it out again. I really think that it helped a little with my weight loss in the summer. But crystal light still has the artificial sweetners in it and does the mio too? Of course I can look at it as it has to be better than diet pop!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM   #18
MrsGuther
Natural Beauty

I like Mio flavored water enhancer. It's calorie free and delicious!
Currently at TBL[COLOR="black"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][/COLOR]
MrsGuther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #19
Mishka_84
Natural Beauty

I second trying the SodaStream (carbonate water at home), and then adding your own flavoring, wether it be a squeeze of lemon, or adding Mio or Crystal light, at least at first, and slowly wean off the additives that way. You can still get your fizz, but slowly reduce the "extras" that you're wanting to avoid.
Mishka_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #20
Angelistarr
Sparkling Beauty

Seltzer and juice. Or fruit and seltzer. Seltzer is good if u like the fizzle. If its the taste that you like, play around with sparkling or mix sparkling and seltzer.

Please avoid mio!!! It does not help. And it makes people bloat. I know a few people who got hooked on it and had noticed themselves retaining water. Once they stopped it, they saw it was that causing it

[SIZE="1"][B]2c/3a:MC:III
Current: maintaining APL (until after boot camp!)
Current Goal: WAIST!![/B][/SIZE]
Angelistarr is offline   Reply With Quote