Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 11th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #1
atlantaz3
Sparkling Beauty

Default Need ways to give up diet soda

I have a serious caffiene addition in diet mtn dew. At least two sodas a day not more than four though! I would like to quit diet sodas in an attempt to also get my dh to quit smoking. I'm not a tea drinker and the coffee at work is not much better than instant (yep coffe snob but I'm also not a big coffee drinker). I already drink plenty of water usually 32 oz before first shot of diet mtn dew. Fruit juices are so calorie laden and also the corn syrups etc so I'm not looking to go that route. Snapple doesn't do it for me or the Arizona type teas. Need suggestions to help get off the soda.
thanks
atlantaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #2
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

What about flavoured sparkling water? It is sweet, but calorie-free.

My DH lives on San Pellegrino in the summer, with a little lemon. It has the fizz, but none of the bad stuff from soda.
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I might have to try that. When I've tried to give up pop I've missed the fizz so much. I always go back. Bad I know but I love my fizz.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #4
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

I'm bad about loving fizz too. Although, I've largely replaced soda with cold peppermint tea. It is so refreshing that I don't miss the fizz.
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #5
atlantaz3
Sparkling Beauty

Someone else suggested that to me. I'm not a club soda fan, but thought I would look at the sparkling water section of the grocery store. Try a wean off the soda!
atlantaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:46 AM   #6
Carolyn
Aphrodite

I love iced tea's too but I just need the fizz. I need a nice big burp a couple times a day.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #7
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn
I love iced tea's too but I just need the fizz. I need a nice big burp a couple times a day.

I know what you mean. Those sparkling water ones won't give quite the same effect, but they're probably a better choice nutritionally.
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #8
Carolyn
Aphrodite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raederle
I know what you mean. Those sparkling water ones won't give quite the same effect, but they're probably a better choice nutritionally.
Le sigh! I know. Why is it that everything that tastes so good is so bad for us?

Old March 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #9
Tabitha
Natural Beauty

Home-made lemonade diluted with fizzy water such as the San Pellegrino Kimberlily mentions, or water from a SodaSiphon (do you have those? where you make your own soda water) is gorgeous. OK it has sugar (and calories) in it but it's sugar not HFCS and the lemon juice probably gives you some vitamin C. You can make it as strong or as dilute as you want.
Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #10
Malteser
Untouched Beauty

You could try cold fruit tea, it tastes sweet but without the calories and sugar that are usually found in fruit juices. Maybe mix it with sparkling water if you're craving fizziness
Malteser is offline   Reply With Quote