Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old December 30th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #1
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

Default What do you keep your makeup in?

I am embarrassed to admit, I keep my cosmetics in a cardboard photo box. I really need something better! I used to have a drawer, but now it is all piled in this stupid, ugly box.

Where do you keep your makeup? Does it work for you? I'm thinking about getting a proper makeup case. Bags don't work out well for me, since I end up dumping them out every time I need something.
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #2
feisty redhead
Alluring Beauty

At the moment I am in need of more storage space. Mine's in a train case, a little storage thingy with 3 drawers plus three sections on top, and a little basket. Here are some pics (clickable thumbnails):

For the most part I'm happy with it. I tried to organize it so that all the foundations are together, all the blush in one place etc. All my lippies though, are tossed together in the bottom of the train case. Which makes it nearly impossible to find what I want. I need something else to organize those in, and so I can put my brushes in the bottom of the train case instead. I have them in a little aluminum tin (used to hold some pigments but never remembered to use the ones that were in there) but it's not big enough and I don't like it. I have some dual-ended brushes so I can't just put those into the little styrofoam cup I'd kept my brushes in before, either.

And yes I know the amount of makeup I have is disgusting. I don't care. lol Seriously, I am trying really hard not to buy more for a while, and to finish up some things I've had for a while now. It's just so hard, all those pretty new things they're always coming up with... LOL
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/lips_of_an_angel_photos/natredsig.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]
feisty redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 02:49 AM   #3
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

I have 2 big draws and a little drawer which I keep my make up in. I need a sort out to scale back a bit so I can see what I have again... Or buy another set of draws I do have a train case as well but that sits empty in my cupboard as it takes room to open up and see and I tend not to use a lot of items, taking out a few and not looking through the whole case.
[I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Purple]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]
[COLOR=Blue]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3] "If you are taking me somewhere where I don't need a boa, then I don't wanna go. - Gabrielle Solis"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Lady Alkonost of the Heavenly Plumage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Liluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 09:59 AM   #4
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

I've been thinking about getting a train case because they're portable. Our bathroom is pretty small, and there's no room for a chest of drawers. Besides that, I never end up putting on my makeup in there since the lighting is terrible. I just wish train cases weren't so darn expensive.
Old December 31st, 2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I keep mine on my makeup table. I have my vanity table from my early teen years and I still use it. It's a mess and it's piled high. I can't put make up on in the bathroom because I can't get close enough to the mirror to see anything. I have to have a stand up mirror and can get close to. Putting on make up is a fun relaxing thing for me and I like to be comfortable when doing it. Also I'm a make up ho and need lots of room for my stash.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 12:25 PM   #6
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

You know you’re a craft addict when you buy one of these to store your makeup It is big, has dividers, and is cheaper than a train case. I got the purple one. I saw a bunch of blogs mentioning tackle boxes, but this is cuter, and if I travel, I can just put the essentials in one of the interior boxes to take along with me

Problem solved!
Old January 8th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #7
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

I keep mine in Sterlite 3 drawer components. Four of them. I am going to have to find something more portable, tho. Traveling with those drawer thingies won't work.

I like the look of the one you linked to, Kimberlily but it won't hold my collection and all my brushes.

This is my current storage:

My collection has expanded a little since that pic was taken...
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:18 PM   #8
Periwinkle
Untouched Beauty

I don't have much makeup - I generally only wear mascara, eyeliner and concealer - so I keep it in a mug on my desk. My whole filing system is based around mugs: one for makeup, one for coloured pens, one for writing pens, and one for hairtoys
Periwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:41 PM   #9
dragqueen
Untouched Beauty

I keep mine in a fishing tackle box they have some cute pink ones and it works awsome and you can keep everything seperate works great for me
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:42 PM   #10
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

I used to keep mine in a cardboard box under the sink for years but last year I bought a really nice clear lucite box with dividers and sections and lipstick holes in it. It's compact and looks pretty and now I keep it out on a small shelf unit near the counter. I don't have a large amount of makeup, so it might be pretty small for some people.
[SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=31"]My beauty blog.[/URL] [URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/index.php?referrerid=174"]Join the Beauty Bottle[/URL][COLOR=royalblue].[/COLOR] [URL="http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/index.php"]The Long Hair Community.[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote