Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 10th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #1
curls2grow
Enticing Beauty

Default new walking shoes giving me blister -- return?

This may seem like a no-brainer, but I really am not sure what's the best thing to do.

I got a new pair of walking sneakers last week. Wore them twice on alternating days and I got a small blister on one of heels. Blister happened first day, went away 2nd day and came back the next day when I wore the new pair again. The shoes are very comfy otherwise.

I can't decide if I should keep them (will the irritation eventually stop?) or if I should return them (still have the receipt). It's been a long time since I got new walking sneakers and I can't remember if my current pair fit perfectly right from the start or if they also broke my feet in at first, which is why I'm asking this silly question.

If I return them, will prob go in next day or so, so I will appreciate quick replies. Thanks!!
curls2grow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:14 AM   #2
Delila
Enticing Beauty

I'd say return them.

The actual 'walking' shoes I've bought have always fit comfortably, with no blisters or breaking in period.

Maybe you just need a different style of walking shoe? Some of the ones I see labeled as 'walking' shoes don't provide my feet with enough support, so that my foot tends to slide as I step. I haven't purchased any that do that, just on the instinct that maybe it'll prove problematic.

HTH!!
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #3
curls2grow
Enticing Beauty

Just got back from returning them to the store. Wasn't so sure that I'd be giving this store my business again due to bad customer service on the phone this morning, but I wanted to make sure they would work with me on an exchange or refund since I was driving far to return them (to a brand "concept" store). The manager made things right. Put me in a smaller size of a better fitting shoe that was a bit more expensive than my original and they ate the difference to make it an even exchange (I didn't even ask for that). Also gave me a sample of Band-Aid for blisters. Said she hates blisters and it was bad that original SP put me in a shoe that did not fit.

So now I will try these new ones. Will take a few days for my blister to heal, so I hope I can tell the difference.
Old July 12th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Those Band-aid for blisters bandages are incredible. Just leave it on a few days, go about your business as always, and like magic, the blister will heal with no pain.
Old July 12th, 2008, 03:59 PM   #5
curls2grow
Enticing Beauty

yes, that Band-Aid made a huuuge difference when I did my walking yesterday and today. Stupidly, I took it off today thinking that I would put a fresh one on. That was a mistake (too soon) -- I think I took a major step back in healing that area.
Old July 12th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #6
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

You should be okay if you just put on another one, and leave it undisturbed for a few days.
Old July 12th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #7
curls2grow
Enticing Beauty

Thanks, Raederle. One of the edges was rolling up, so I figured it needed to come off. Like I said.. mistake!! I am sparing you details...
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:45 PM   #8
Delila
Enticing Beauty

I'm glad you got some new shoes to try.

Sorry to hear about the Bandaid damage, Yeouch!
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #9
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by curls2grow
Thanks, Raederle. One of the edges was rolling up, so I figured it needed to come off. Like I said.. mistake!! I am sparing you details...

Oooh, ouch. I can just imagine. Your poor foot.
Old July 21st, 2008, 09:48 AM   #10
curls2grow
Enticing Beauty

Just posting back with a helpful hint that I didn't know about before.

Sorry to share my "TMI", but my almost-healed heel area didn't like a plain band-aid on it while walking. Bled through my sock into the padding of my new walking shoe. Hydrogen peroxide patted onto the padding area with a cotton ball lifted the stain right out (needed a few cotton balls worth). Then just air-dry. Shoe saved. Still working on healing the foot, for good this time.

Still giving 2 thumbs up to the blister Band-Aids. This happened on Saturday and I walked yesterday for an hour (in my older shoes, but with the blister Band-Aid on) and felt no pain! Lesson learned is that I have to keep using these when I exercise until the area is completely healed. They are expensive but seem to be the only way I can exercise at my curent level with blister healing in process.

Last edited by curls2grow : July 21st, 2008 at 09:51 AM.