Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 25th, 2008, 04:25 AM   #1
device
Dazzling Beauty

Default Eyeglasses

Where can I look to find out what the newer trends are for eyeglasses? (Smaller vs. larger frames, shapes, colors, thicker vs. thinner frames, metal or not, etc.) Obviously I know that what looks good depends on my face shape and my coloring and so forth, but the still are trends that help glasses look more modern or fashionable.

I have a few old pairs, and I am trying to figure out which to get my new lenses put into.

TIA!
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:21 AM   #2
Rae~
Alluring Beauty

Gawd, you are doing better than I am, then, if you know what suits you! I'm completely crap at judging what looks decent on me.

So, I too will be very interested in any replies to this thread. I need another pair of glasses sometime soonish....
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:19 AM   #3
Wind Dragon
Radiant Beauty

I never have a clue about these things, but a quick Google search brought up this:

http://beauty.about.com/cs/maybeauty...ealglasses.htm

I can't tell how hold the article is, and it doesn't get into much detail. I would have put the short (top to bottom) rectangular plastic frames I've seen a lot of for quite a while in the "big and bold plastic" category, so there may be a lot of room in there for interpretation.

Ah, here you go - "Spectacles, Glasses, Sunglasses Trends 2008." And what do I see but a whole page full of big and bold plastic. What do you suppose the odds are that people go for a certain fashion look, probably because some celebrity or other looks awesome in it, and it turns out that's the only person that does (look awesome in it, that is -- see first article.)

These probably aren't in fashion yet, but if you want to try setting a trend. . .

Alrighty then, that's obviously enough fooling around for me this morning. Hyaa, back to work, ya laggard!
Wind Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #4
funnybunny668
Raw Beauty

I know you're not looking to buy new frames, but you might want to browse around an optical place any way, just to see what's out there. Usually, you can get a pretty good idea of what's in style at the moment by the advertising posters on the walls and by what some of the sales staff are wearing.
When I got tired of my old wire frames and wanted some newer more fashionable plastic frames, I went to LensCrafters and told the salesgirl I wanted a "new Look" and she was very helpful. She pulled 5 or 6 pair to start, then when I'd made my choice, she still pulled a few more for me to try on, just to be sure I really liked the ones I picked out. She was really helpful.
funnybunny668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #5
ronnycane
Adonis

I love Eyeglasses. Wearing Eyeglasses protect our eyes. I like Raymond Eyeglasses.
ronnycane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM   #6
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnycane
I love Eyeglasses. Wearing Eyeglasses protect our eyes. I like Raymond Eyeglasses.

Raymond eyeglasses are for men. Do you have any suggestions for the OP on glasses for women?
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:04 PM   #7
Carolyn
Aphrodite

When I am looking at new frames I take a picture of myself wearing each pair I am considering. Then I take them home and ask a couple of my girlfriends opinions. Before shopping for frames I try to observe what I think looks good on other women as a starting point.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 09:44 PM   #8
Stephanie
Aphrodite

I stink ROYALLY at picking out frames. I don't know what to look for, but I do know (fortunately) what looks good once I've put it on. My husband...he's weird. He can walk into a room with hundreds of glasses, and in seconds, hone in on the single pair that would look good on me. Needless to say, I always take him with me when I need a new pair.

That was of no help whatsoever, I know. LOL

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #9
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

Stephanie, isn't that annoying? But more annoying is a man like MINE, who has NO clue about colors or anything, so would be terrible to have along on a glasses shopping spree. (then again, maybe that's his trick: he's actually GOOD at it, but doesn't like to do it, so he pretends to be bad at it...hmmmm......very sneaky, the little devil!)

And I was no help whatsoever about the glasses. It seems that smaller is the trend now, but I live in Idaho, and we are NOT known for our fashion sense. We are, however, known for our potatoes.

:chicken: [SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Plum]Nops and a banana-hammock. Woot! :chicken:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showpost.php?p=5692&postcount=53"]Deodorant recipes, for the ladies...[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #10
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

And I love potatoes.....

What subject were we discussing????