Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM   #21
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

Bwahaha true, true!

Dh hasn't been to the dentist in YEARS and the last time for me was high school. We had ins when he worked full time, but it was a lame insurance, and you couldn't see a dentist until you paid into the company a year, and he left the job at 10 months into it GRRRR.

Currently, we have decent ins (Thank Heavens for this job! Benefits, and I can post all day?! Sweeeeet!) and we've been chipping away (pun intended) at our list since October. I don't mind the dentist...bright lights put me to sleep for some reason so I'm always very comfortable there

With gas over $4 I'm sure you're paying a fortune!!! Would a van be cheaper? (I wouldn't know, I drive a POS Nissan lol)

Aw, I'm glad it was just a bug. Being sick is no fun!
Old May 27th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #22
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

Insurance is definitely important. I probably work at one of the only funeral homes in the country that doesnt offer any kind of benefits. I could get a much better job doing the same thing if I wanted to drive 50 miles every day instead of just when I need to go to the dentist. But I really dont know how much more I would need to be making for that to be profitable right now, lol. Plus that 50 miles translates into over an hour drive because you have to go through Kern Canyon. Ick. Need more danger in your life? Drive the canyon every day!

But then I may actually be expected to do something instead of posting all day when were slow
OhioSKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #23
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

No benefits at a county job? In California?! How did you manage that?!

Oh..wait, I think I read that wrong..."in the country." nevermind lol

No, no...no more danger! Avoid danger like the plague! The plauge *is* danger, isn't it? Then yes, avoid, avoid! :P

Oh heaven forbid we work somewhere we actually work ROFL *as she reaches to answer & transfer a call*

Phew, glad that interruption is over!
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:00 AM   #24
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

God that sounds like my job. I feel like that lady on Office Space... "Sierra Mortuary and Funeral Home, how can I help you?.... Just a moment. Sierra Mortuary and Funeral Home, how can I help you?.... Just a moment. Sierra Mortuary and Funeral Home, how can I help you?.... Just a moment."

Of course sometimes I get to do far more interesting things, but not much lately. Business is slow, which I guess could be a good thing for most...
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #25
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

Quote:
Business is slow, which I guess could be a good thing for most...

LOL excepting the occasional client who is ready to pass on. :}

For the most part, I just transfer calls, but every once in a while someone will try asking me questions and I have to explain that "I'm just the operator, but if you tell me your issue, I can get you to the right person."
"So, you can't help me."
"Yes, I can, by directing you to the right person."
"Yea, but YOU can't answer my question?"
"No, sir/ma'am, I am not qualified to give financial advice."
"Then nevermind."

O.o Whatever LOL

Back on track...I think I slept wierd last night. My neck hurts and I don't have time for yoga today! :/
Old May 28th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #26
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

I COULD help people, but theyd rather ask for the boss, so that they can ask for his help with something and he can turn around and tell me to do it, then he can be praised later for helping them. Small businesses suck.

I completely forgot to do my stretches this morning! I set my alarm early again to try to go for a walk with DD and then when it went off I said "just another minute..." I always do this, and I usually lay there just for another minute or so, mentally preparing myself for my day. This morning however I fell back asleep and woke up an hour later. So I didnt take a walk, didnt do my stretches, and forgothalf my stuff at home so I hd to drive back after I dropped off DD at school. And I have to go do my 2nd job after I get off here so I dont have time to walk later either

Ive been so tired and fatigued lately... especially in the morning when its most important for me to get up and get moving.
Old May 28th, 2008, 03:32 PM   #27
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

Quote:
Ive been so tired and fatigued lately... especially in the morning when its most important for me to get up and get moving.

That is the number one reason I miss running on the treadmill-I felt so good all the time. You would think the opposite: "Oh, I ran, I'm so tired!" but it was more: "Oh, I ran, and I feel SO GOOD!"
Old May 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #28
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

Exactly! But its a terrible step to make. Excercise helps energize you SO MUCH but making yourself do it takes energy like you wouldnt believe. If you can make yourslef do it, youll feel better for it, but.... ugh. Bed. Sleep.
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:00 AM   #29
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

Quote:
ugh. Bed. Sleep.

YUP! I used to run 6 days a week when I worked half days, but now that I work full days, the apartment treadmill room is only open WHILE I AM AT WORK! BOOOO!

So on Saturdays, I want to sleep in. Then when I wake up I think, "Oh, missing one day won't hurt me." But I've missed 4 Saturdays in a row at that point LOL And it's closed on Sundays, so basically, I subconciously sabatoge my only time to run. :/ And then I wonder why I have no energy for weeks at a time!
Old May 29th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #30
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

yeah, see if I had a whole day EVER I may make myself do something, but I dont. I only have the mornings, which translates into the time between when I drag my butt out of bed, and when I have to start getting DD and I ready to go to work/school.